Chalkboard Wedding Décor and Accessories: Signs, Invitations, Menus, and More
Chalkboard paint has become a popular option for many different types of wedding items. From invitations to menus to signs, there is something for everyone. Some people plan entire chalkboard paint themed weddings while other people pick out one or two items to incorporate into another theme. There are lots of handmade and mass produced chalkboard items available for purchase as well as tutorials for creating personalized items of your own.
Chalkboard Decor and Accessory Ideas for Weddings
Just a Few of the Most Popular Ideas
Photo Props and Backgrounds
Centerpiece Vases or Jars
Just a few ideas to get you started!
There is no limit to the ideas for chalkboard paint wedding signs. The following ideas are some of the most popular options.
- Bride + groom. Some people simply use the words "bride and groom" while others use the names of the bride and groom.
- Quotes. There are so many wonderful quotes about weddings, marriage, and love. Consider short poems and song lyrics as well.
- Date. In addition to the wedding date, some people have a sign with an engagement date or dating anniversary.
- Welcome to our wedding.
- Here comes to the bride.
- Thanks for coming.
- Chalk outlines of the wedding couple.
- Wedding this way (with an arrow). Some people also have signs directing guests to other places of note (i.e. cocktail reception).
- 7 Amazing Wedding Chalkboard Signs
We love personal touches at weddings and these fun wedding chalkboards will help add just that. We found 7 truly amazing chalkboard signs that you'll definitely want to display in your home again after the big day.
Chalkboard Wedding Invitation - Romantic Lights | ForeverFiances.com
Save the Dates and Invitations
You can modify virtually any save the date or wedding invitation design for a chalkboard design. Keep in mind that these stationery pieces feature reproductions of chalkboards, as this is a more feasible option for mailing. The first link below has a great round up of items for purchase online. There are lots of choices at Etsy, Wedding Paper Divas, and Minted. This concept is pretty self-explanatory. For those who are crafty, you may want to take on the challenge of creating your own design.
- Chalkboard Wedding Invitation Ideas | Invitation Crush
A collection of chalkboard-inspired wedding invitation and save the date designs.
- New Rustic Wedding Invitation Trends - Rustic Wedding Chic
As the chalkboard trend extends well beyond weddings, you may have seen this concept in a restaurant, bar, or cafe. Some couples feature a large menu at the entrance to a reception hall while either people create smaller menus for each table. Alternative, you may want to create separate menus for different portions of the meal (i.e. appetizers, desserts, etc). Consider customizing the menu colors to coordinate with your wedding colors and choosing a font or handwriting style that matches the tone of your wedding.
Chalkboard table numbers are simple and inexpensive and easily pull together the entire chalkboard theme for a wedding. You can put chalkboard paint on a wide variety of centerpiece item from empty wine bottles to recycled planters. Again, consider colors and overall tone for a wedding when designing table numbers so they fit with the aesthetic of the wedding. There are lots of creative ideas for table numbers as well as table names. For example, a couple might decide to assign table numbers based on the players' numbers from a favorite football team.
- Unique DIY Wedding Favor Ideas
Whether you are putting together a primarily DIY wedding or are simply looking for unique, personalized favors, homemade wedding favors are a great option. Consider candles, soaps, candies, plants, and more.
There is no limit to the chalkboard favor options, but these are a few of the most popular ideas.
- Favor pails or jars with chalkboard paint. Write the recipients names in chalk. Fill the pails with the items of your choosing.
- Mini decorated chalkboards. For example, you can attach a paper heart to each chalkboard or decorate the borders of the boards with ribbon. Some people also gift chalkboards in creative shapes, such as hearts.
- Homemade food gift with chalkboard label. Are you giving your wedding guests a food gift? Use chalkboard paint for the label on the jar.
- Candles with a chalkboard label. This is another gift that you can personalize with the recipients names or you can mix it up with the wedding date, a love quote, etc.
- Picture frames with chalkboard paint borders. Include a photo of the wedding couple or another photo that you love, such as a photo of your home city.
- Chalkboard paint coasters.
- Serendipity Vintage Studio: DIY Mini Chalkboard Wedding Favors & Giveaway!
- Chalkboard candleholders : Halloween Crafts Ideas for Kids - AllYou.com
This craft project is intended for Halloween, but it can be adapted for any holiday or occasion.
There are two popular ways to construct chalkboard seating charts. Some people create a single large board with the entire chart while some people use a small board for each table. For further organization within a large board, some people alphabetize the list while others organize it by table number. Whichever design and organizational method you choose, make sure that the wording is large enough that everyone can read it easily without crowding around the sign.
Photo Props and Backgrounds
Fun photo props are all the rage these days. Grab a few small chalkboards and pieces of chalk and have fun adding some creative messages to your wedding photos. If you want to get your guests in on the fun, add photo props to a photo booth or leave them on the reception tables.
- Anatomy of a Craft: Photo Booth Props #2
- Annika's Blogspot: Photobooth
- Wedding Photo Booth Props Chalkboard Signs by littleforests
These printable chalkboard-style signs will create some hilarious keepsake photos of the happy couple and their guests.
Crankin' Out Crafts: Episode 141 - Chalkboard Décor
There are many different types of garland designs that work well with wooden components that can be covered in chalkboard paint. For example, consider stringing wooden hearts and writing a different letter on each heart to spell out a romantic message. Garlands are a wonderful decoration option for a ceremony or reception. They can also serve as a whimsical backdrop for wedding photos.
Create a Rustic Chalkboard for Wedding Menus or Schedules - DIY Weddings
Instead of paying for printed programs, create a single wedding program on a large chalkboard. People who are having large weddings may want to create multiple boards. Some couples also opt to use different boards for different parts of the program, such as the wedding party on one board and the order of the ceremony on another board. All of these options are likely to be considerably cheaper than printed programs and will create a unique lasting memory for many of the guests.
- Colorado Country Barn Wedding - Rustic Wedding Chic
- Eco-Chic Texas Wedding: Clara + Matt | Green Wedding Shoes Wedding Blog | Wedding Trends for Stylish
A Texas wedding with a custom BHLDN dress.
Centerpiece Vases or Jars
Most couples add a chalkboard table number sign and/or menu to a flower arrangement or other vase décor (i.e. mason jars filled with colorful stones) for a chalkboard centerpiece. Decorative chalkboard favors, such as pails filled with goodies, also work well for adding a chalkboard component to the tables.
More wedding resources from the author.
- Chevron Wedding Theme Ideas: Invitations, Decorations, and More
Are you interested in unique, chic, diy chevron wedding themed ideas? Check out options for this wedding trend including invitations, decorations, and much more.
- Button Wedding Theme Ideas: Bouquets, Wedding Cakes, Invitations, Favors, and More
This article is about ideas for a button themed wedding. It includes information about bouquets, wedding cakes, invitations, favors, and more. There are lots of photos and resources.
- Tandem Bike Wedding Theme Ideas: Invitations and More
Are you planning a tandem bicycle themed wedding? There are a wide variety of ideas for tandem bike invitations, table numbers, cake toppers, favors, and more.