Couples Can Design Their Own Love Nest
Passion can not happen when there is laundry pilled in the corner, bills on the desk in the room and little Billy’s latest drawing of a dinosaur hanging on the wall? Clutter is an intimacy killer. When your both feeling frisky and ready to make love you jump onto the bed suddenly feeling Fido’s toy sticking in your back and a stack of unpaid bills staring you in the face, you just kicked romance out the door. Couples who are able to have a room that is free of distraction, have a much better chance at having happier sex life. Humans get distracted easily, especially women when it comes to sex, they already have many things on their mind and the last thing they need is more to distract them while trying to make love to their spouse.
Getting your room ready for romance
It does not take a designer to get your room ready for romance, in a few sort days you can have the love nest of your dreams. It involves plastic bags, paint and supplies, a chest, new pictures, bedding and candles. If in the budget get a small water feature or fountain and new shades or drapes.
It also involves you and your spouse agreeing on how to pick the basic elements to your new love nest. This can be challenging to some couples but with the vast amount of visual information on the internet, it opens the door to more possibilities. Before starting the decorating process, both you and your spouse should take the time to look at some pictures of bedrooms and compromise on color, style and accessories for the room
1. Clear the room and use your plastic bags to get rid of the unnecessary clutter and trash.
2. Get the room ready to paint! This is one way to dramatically change the look of a room is to pick a new color and paint. Some recommendations are chocolate, eggplant, mocha, and pumpkin. All are warm and inviting colors.
3. Find a neat looking chest that sits on the floor either in the corner or at the foot of your bed to hide any clutter. Even better is a bench or chest that you can use to sit on at the foot of your bed
4. New pictures are a must, take down family photos in a room and but up pictures of romantic getaways, the outdoors, gardens. You can even take some of your favorite photos of places you have been and blow them up and frame them or turn them into canvas phots and place it on your wall.
5. Bedding is a perfect way to add in texture, color and comfort. Add in some fun pillows, with textures and colors, creating a brand new bed. One way to save on cost is to get a solid color duvet, stuff your favorite blanket in it and then get a bunch of colorful pillows as the accents. If your creative and want to buy an old head board and paint it an accent color that would add character to the room as well.
6. You can never have enough candles on hand. Candles provide soft light, some are pleasantly scented if your room needs a little freshening, as well as some candle can be used for massage. By some candle holds for the walls as well as to put on top of furniture. There are so many options when it comes to candles and candle holders.
3. Lastly if your budget is not blown get yourself a water feature, the sound is soothing and there are some many stylish fountains that can add romance to your room.
This can be a fun project to do with your spouse, which will bring the two of you closer together, after you can decide on paint color and accessories. If you both cannot agree then look at some rooms together on line and get some ideas that your both like. In the end remind each other that you’re doing this for each other to have a sexy love nest and that should do the trick if there is too much disagreement .
What color paint would you choose for your walls?
The soft glow of candles
Candles provide a romantic feel to any space. The warmth and glow from a candle can set the mood as well as add a soft glow to the body and face. Harsh lights or no lights at all can be a mood killer. When looking for candles as well as candle holders keep in mind that you can mount them on a wall as well as free standing or simply bunch a few on a table or mantel. Scented candles add a fresh fragrance to the room such as sandalwood, vanilla and birch. Cinnamon is another lovely scent that can add a little spice to the air.