Homosexual marriage and parenting pros and cons. Suggested best lifestyle for gays and lesbians to avoid sin
It is legal in western world to have several girl friends/boyfriends and sex partners (unless you are married). A guy in UK (known as 'The Sperminator' ) made 12 women pregnant all of whom he met in Facebook. Arnold Schwarzenegger,one of Hollywood's biggest stars, marred into the prestigious Kennedy family, nevertheless the former governor of California was recently in the news for having a child with a member of their household staff. He was not sent to prison as what he did was completely legal. At the worst case he has to divorce and pay the alimony according to the law of California. But why he was in the headlines though all he did was completely legal? Probably because, most people consider what he did was immoral and 'not right'. OK, so who decides what is right and what is wrong? The state or the church or the people? The catholic church (sorry I have to specify some name otherwise you will argue that 'church of sinners' allows all these acts) and most the people consider immoral what Arnold had done. According to the state what he has done is OK (he won't be put to prison).
Homosexual marriage is legal in New York. According to the law of New York, gays and lesbians can marry, adopt kids and raise them, all legally. It is legal to cheat the wife or husband, but should we do that? In this article, I would like to share with you my thoughts on the pros and cons of homosexual marriages and gay/lesbian parenting as well as a new lifestyle suggested for gays and lesbians.
Homosexual marriage and parenting pros:
- Feeling of victory and self- satisfaction over the discrimination of gays and lesbians
- Someone to love and care for
- No more loneliness
- Possibility to adopt children and be a parent like straight people.
- Children get someone who will look after them, someone brings them up and pays their expenses
- Lesbians can legally become pregnant by in-vitro fertilization
Homosexual marriage and parenting cons:
- Mortal sin of homosexuality according to Bible.
- Immoral act in the eyes of church
- Jeopardizing the eternal life Jesus promised for those who obey his commandments
- Self-deception: Even if you think you can get pregnant (through in-vitro) with your partner, ask yourself, Does the child really belong to you and your partner? When the child grows up he will definitely ask, who is my daddy? We can argue the legality but we cannot hide the fact that only a man and woman can create a child.
- Confused children: A child raised by homosexual person may be straight. They will have difficulty raising a family as they have never seen how a man and woman live together. They will have similar emotional and psychological effect as do children raised in broken families or by single parents. Here is a scientific article about the consequences of parenting by same sex partners.
It is quite unfortunate that society is yet to understand homosexuals. Unfortunately, most people find it hard to accept it. When I was discussing this issue with a woman, she replied that people can't be gay/lesbian, they just desired to be so or if he has some problem take some drugs and fix it. It is like telling a blind person, "you are blind, because you decided to be so". To be a gay/lesbian is not a disease, it is just a state of mind. Here is a nice article about it:
This is a book written by a priest from Vietnam who spent 13 years in solitary confinement. He talks about the love of Christ in his suffering. I thought this book might be a good read for you as it gives a lot of hints about how to deal with very difficult situations, even with difficult people.
Suggested life style for homosexuals:
Even though to be a gay/lesbian is normal and not a disease, Bible says clearly that homosexual lifestyle is a mortal sin. It is a fact that gays don't feel sexually attracted towards women but men. It is normal. It is in the same way a married man feel sexually attracted towards a women in his office. What is most important here is how we deal with our feelings. If we let our feelings and our emotions overcome us, we are doomed. So how can a homosexual person live?
When I was a poor student, I shared my apartment with another guy to reduce expenses. His girlfriend wad abroad and they talked every day. For me he was a great friend. We shared the expenses and cooked together and after work we went out for drinks together. It was fun and I enjoyed it.
If you are a gay , find a lesbian ( and vice versa) and live together with her. Since you both are not sexually attracted to each other, it will be great fun. Have you ever heard the saying that gays are woman's best friend? This life style has several advantages. Most importantly, you are not living in sin. A straight catholic man cannot do this as living together with women before marriage is as grave sin (fornication) as homosexuality. You see, you have advantage over straight people. You don't need to be sexually attracted towards a person to love someone. Love your lesbian friend. You will never feel lonely as she will be your best friend. If you feel that you need a child, marry her. Even though you are a gay, your biology still works. If it doesn't work, medical science is advanced enough to help you. You can have children. Control your sexual excitement towards men in the same way married men control their 'broom' when they see beautiful women on street. If you now look the pros and cons of homosexual marriages mentioned above, you can see that by living together with your lesbian friend (or vice versa) you have the same advantages as homosexual marriages. However, you don't have the consequence of homosexual marriages. Most importantly, you will be living a life pleasing to God and at the same time having lots of fun with your friend.