- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
Dating: How To Avoid Rejection
...Love's me not? ...Loves me?
When it comes to dating, there's a lot you can do to avoid rejection.
To start with, giving a good first impression usually gets your date wanting to know more about you! But you can spoil it all, even at the very end of a wonderful date, if you're not careful! So make sure you start off by arriving on time, and feeling positive and ensure you end your date respectfully.
Applying ANY kind of 'pressure' on someone in the early stages of your relationship may ultimately lead to rejection.
Two of the quickest ways to get rejected are if you apply too much pressure for physical contact or for phone contact too soon. Even if you break all the other 'dating rules' don't do this, and you'll get a lot further with your dating life!
Just try to flow with the pace at first, things can start off slow and heat up later, or the other way around. At least at a natural pace you both know where you stand.
Here's some further tips about how you can avoid rejection:
- Stay centred - Don't appear too 'needy' or 'clingy'
- Being respectful in attitude and in your actions towards the other person. Including the language you use in your discussions. Be on your best behaviour. The other person wants to see and think the best of you.
- Don't mope - You're on a date, for the purpose of pleasure, so leave the worries behind!
- Don't discuss emotional baggage/issues too soon. You barely know each other.
- Don't do too much disagreeing, if a 'touchy' subject comes up, find something else to talk about.
- Don't pretend to be someone else, the other person is there to date you!
Lastly, remember, you might be the most perfect, beautiful, fabulous creature in the whole world, and yet you still can't totally avoid rejection from time to time... It happens to Superstars, it happens to everyone. If you find yourself rejected for no obvious reason, don't count it as being your fault, make it the other persons loss! Rejection can hurt your feelings, but they call it the 'Dating Game' - get back out there and win!