How to Create a Memorable First Date
How To Turn Your First Date Into Many More
Let's face it; dating is not easy. Some people might think a dinner and movie is a good first date, but it's not. A good first date requires more than tossing a few dollars around and hoping the date will lead to something more. If you want your first date to last beyond the first date then you'll have to capture the interest of your date to get him or her to want more.
First Date Must Haves
A first date should;
- Grab your date's attention
- Gain an understanding of their interest
- Pique their curiosity
- Be memorable
- End on a happy note
How to Plan A Good First Date
In order to have a good first date you must get your creative juices flowing. The more creative, fun, unusual the date, the better. You want to capture the heart and mind of your date. The best way to do that is to be different than all the other dates that he or she has been on.
The first thing you need to do is do a date discovery to learn your date's likes and dislikes. In general chat ask the following;
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Are you a meat and potatoes type of person?
- What's your favorite color?
- What's the worst date you've ever been on?
- What's the latest book you read?
- Who's your favorite actor?
- What bores you?
- What's your favorite television show?
- If money wasn't a concern what would you do?
Use those questions to help you uncover what makes your date happy, sad and bored. Although there is no surefire way of getting to what your date really wants to do with you, this will help you to identify what he or she doesn't like. Avoid the things that make your date sad and bored. Use the happy ones to get your creative juices to flow.
Learn How Adam Sandler planned 50 First Dates to Win the Heart of His Date
How to Plan the Perfect Date
Now that you know what your date likes and dislikes, get creative and plan the perfect date. I suggest doing the following to stir up ideas.
- Keep a journal or use your cell phones notepad handy. Pay attention to your date when you are at school, work or on talking on the phone. Look and listen for trigger cues. If you sense your dates like red roses, write that down. If your date is watching a particular time of comedy or drama record that as well. You can get a lot of ideas just by looking for cues.
- Take it easy. Don't get all bent out of shape if you can't come up with the perfect ideas. The best way to get your creative juices to flow is to clear your mind and breathe. If you paid attention to your date's likes and dislikes your mind will provide you with the answer. You don't have to plead or beg for an idea, just relax and think about the experiences and interactions that you've already had with your date. Use those triggers to trigger your creativity.
- Find a place that inspires you based on your interactions with your date. Visit the potential place and see if it makes you happy. You should feel like this is the perfect place for your date to feel happy and relaxed. For example, if your date sent you cues that she loves nature and she owns a dog. Maybe a picnic in the park, walking and playing Frisbee with your dates dog might be just the ideal place for your first date.
- Set the mood. What makes your date tick? Is it animals like in the above example. Would maybe spending time volunteering at an animal rescue shelter together grow you and date closer? Does your date like dancing? What kind of dancing? If your date likes Salsa don't take her to a jazz club. Close your eyes and imagine what kind of environment would make your date feel the happiest.
- Imagine the date that you want to have. Before you go on the actual date with your date imagine the outcome you want to have. See the happy moment and expect it. Think of only a good outcome and more than likely a good outcome will be had by all.
Serious About Making It Work? More Dating Tips to Ignite Your Love Life
Typical dates don't create the momentum you need to ensure that your date wants more only memorable ones will do that. Now that you know what to do: create a memorable date that your date will crave, get out there and make the magic happen.