- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
How to Tell if Someone Loves You
How to Tell if Someone Loves You
Wouldn't it be great if the signs were obviously clear about love. I mean, you spend time with someone, they do a lot for you, you laugh together, go places together, they tell you they love you...so it must be love, right?
Understanding if someone loves you can be confusing because there is so much going on in the relationship that looks like love but doesn't quite feel like love. For every great moment spent together there could be 2 moments that feel like pain, grief and loneliness. It can be hard to tell if you are being loved when you have so many things to wonder about.
When trying to find out if someone loves you, you will need to understand exactly what love is and what love does. On the other hand, you will need to know what lust is and what lust does. Knowing the difference between the two will help you decide how your mate feels about you.
Love and Lust - What's the Difference?
Love and Lust are two very strong affections that feel quite the same. They feel so much alike they are often mistaken for one another. Some people that are in Lust think they are in Love. This mistaken identity is the main cause for relationships that are troubled with disrespect, inconsideration, and lack of appreciation.
Both Love and Lust can be fun, exciting, and give you that "butterflies in the stomach" feeling. But only one will stand against the storm and fight till the end for you.
Attributes of Love:
- Love is committed to the relationship, it will make sacrifices for you, it will inconvenience itself for you, and your feelings will always comes first.
- Love will take the time to get to know more about you, your family, your career, your likes and dislikes. Love will know your favorite color, what makes you laugh and what makes you cry. It loves being with you in any way it can, even if it's just cooking with you, watching T.V. or just watching you talk on the phone. Love isn't sex driven, it's driven off you as a person. You are the one that makes the other happy, not sex. Sex is only an extension of that love.
Attributes of Lust:
- Lust is not committed to the relationship. It will not make sacrifices for you, it will almost never inconvenience itself for you and your feelings most of the time will be second.
- Lust will not take the time to get to know more about you, your family, your career, your likes and dislikes. Lust doesn't know your favorite color or what makes you laugh or cry. Lust will want to see you every time for sex and if you don't want to have sex, there will be an attitude. Lust is driven off sex. It's sex that makes the other happy, not you. Sex is very important and without it, the relationship stands to suffer.
Love is actually very hard. It takes a lot of self sacrificing and patience. It takes a special person to care enough to deal with issues and problems that may come up in a relationship in a way that shows compassion. Love will look for the cause of problems and fix it. People that can do this understand that if you love someone, there is no option but to work to hold the relationship together.
Lust looks for the easy way out of issues and problems that may come up in a relationship. They may look to sex as a fix for problems instead of trying to get to the root of the problem. Lust will be very impatient when issues arise and sometimes turn to other relationships for a sense of relief. Lust looks for options to get out of the relationship when things gets rough.
Love is having a Friendship
The thing with love is, there is a real friendship involved between two people that love each other. They can talk about anything, look to each other for advice, they trust one another, and no one can tear the friendship apart.
Love speaks in terms of "us" and "we". There is talk of marriage and a future together. A person that loves you and plans on having you in their lifelong term will make sure that friends and family know you. If there are kids, they will start to bring the kids around you.
Looking at the characteristics of Love and Lust will help you to understand where your mate may stand with you. How to Tell if Someone Loves You, is really understanding what Love really is. Hopefully this article has given you some insight and direction.
If you found this article helpful, please share it and/or pin it!
Have something you want to share about your experience with love? Please leave a comment below.
Check out these resources too:
- Follow Me on Facebook For More Advice and Tips
How Do I Know If He Loves Me. 431 likes · 1 talking about this. For 18+ adults. Here we talk about relationships and love and anything else we come up with..
- Signs of Love - How to Detect Them | Relationships Love and You - Discovering if You are Really Love
Are you having a hard time reading your mate? Can't quite tell if he loves you? Here's a great article to help you read the signs of love and detect them quickly!
- Does He Love Me? Does She Love Me? - How to Tell
Do you know How to tell if someone loves you? Discover the truth behind real love and if your mate makes the cut.