- Gender and Relationships
How to Get a Girl to Like You 7 Best Tips
In all honesty, attracting women is very similar to attracting men. Basic etiquette and genuine charm go a long way for sparking chemistry.
Ask Her Questions and Be a Good Listener
Most people love to talk about themselves or their experiences. Find opportunities to ask a girl you like about things you think she will positively react to.Use her name and ask follow up questions related to what she says to show you are listening.
"Hey Taylor, I heard the women's volleyball team has a game coming up, is it a home game for you guys?" "Oh cool, I wish it was at home I've been meaning to catch a game. When is the next one?"
"Hey Maria, Have you seen the new Pixar movie? my little sister wan't me to take her and I was hoping you could tell me if its any good...? "Yea you're right they are usually pretty entertaining. "Do you have a favorite one"
"Hi Kayla, I'm so glad the midterm is finally over with, do you have any plans for spring break? That sounds fun, do you visit there often?
Be Cool (Slightly Aloof)
Now I'm not saying girls wan't you to play games. I'm highlighting the fact that there is a fine line between being friendly and being clingy. You want to be seen as friendly but not desperate or needy. If you engage in friendly conversation with the girl you like early in the day, when you spot her again that afternoon, consider a simple wave and smile across the room instead of another lengthy heart to heart. Leave her wanting more.
You don't want to jump all over every chance you get to interact with your romantic interest; until she is actually your girlfriend, it could easily come off as stalker-ish or suffocating.
I know its a lame example, but think about the way Edward Cullen in Twilight acts towards Bella when they first meet. He's friendly and polite, yet mysterious and aloof. He peaks her interest and then puts a healthy distance between him and her until she approaches him and expresses romantic interest. Think what you will of Edward Cullen, but hes got game.
What good is it to get the girl only to have everything fall apart once she sees through the fake front you've been projecting.
You will find more happiness in your relationships with friends and partners when you are true to yourself and find that these people love you just as you are.
When you're young, you may be saying "How can I be true to myself, when I don't know who I am?" and that's ok. You may be figuring out who you are right now, and likely, your love interest is as well. The strongest relationships in life are often those where the people involved grew together during a transitional time. Think high school sweethearts who shared adolescence and the transition to adulthood together, or soldiers who share the experience of going off to war. Your identity may be a fluid concept, but feeling genuine is very intuitive.
Maintain Good Hygiene
Put your best foot forward when your prospective lady is around by always having good hygiene.
- Brush your teeth each morning and carry strong mints on hand for after meals.
- Get regular haircuts and spend a little time styling it daily.
- Shower daily and wash your hair at least every-other day.
- Wear deodorant
- Wear cologne sparingly so girls have to get very close to you to smell it
- If you have acne consider using a blemish / blackhead remover.
Loose the Pick - Up Lines
Hey is that a mirror in your pocket? because I can see myself in your pants......
Ok, so most guys know to keep the one liners clean but too many are unaware that you should just never use them ever. Many women report thinking that men who have asked seemingly innocent questions such as "Are you a model?" are insincere and or creepy. Just be kind and interested in her, and leave these tired and lame lines behind.
Always Avoid Saying Anything Resembling:
Are you a model?
Your Eyes are so Pretty or Beautiful or Like pools I want to bath in
Hey - Honey, Cutie, Hottie etc. to someone who isn't already your girlfriend
Women will often be offended by you calling them a pet name when they are not "your's" in any way. Most people feel uncomfortable when they receive compliments, especially regarding their appearance. If you want to open with a compliment make it genuine and empowering; for example:
"I thought the presentation you gave on Monday was really good, you looked confident up there"
"I like the way you wear athletic clothes casually at school. The sporty thing really works for you."
This may sound like an over simplification but you need to project likability for her to like you.
- Be a genuinely kind person
- Show interest in others
- Don't talk trash or try to bond with others at the expense of someone else
- Project confidence, even if you have to fake it
- Don't be afraid to let her see you (tell her an embarrassing / funny story)
- Accept compliments with grace and say thank you
- Don't self disparage - Why would she think well of you if you don't think well of yourself
Be a Man When it Counts
There are some characteristics that are pretty universally attractive such as confidence. It doesn't hurt to test the waters with your perspective girl by seeing what works. Try to exemplify these traits for your best chance at success:
- Confidence and a sense of self - Don't be a follower; have your own style and opinions and do not pretend to like everything a girl likes just to get her to like you.
- Don't be afraid to ask a girl out if she has clearly signaled interest - most women can appreciate a man who takes charge (but, see next tip)
- Don't Jump in Feet First - (Before asking will you be my girl friend? make sure she has already said yes to would you like to get a coffee with me? or something similar and that went well) A girl could feel blindsided or trapped when they might actually be interested if you move too fast (you may also look clingy or make her think you would ask just anyone to be your girl friend since you barely know her)
- Treat her like a lady - respect her, and even if you have intentions of things becoming sexual between the two of you, save any mentioning of that for after the relationship has been established. (You might come off as a perv / creep if you bring such topics up too soon)
- How to Get a Guy to Like You 5 Best Tips
Tips to Get a Boy To Like You as More than a Friend - Crush Buster