- Gender and Relationships»
Romantic Gift Ideas For Less
The most romantic gifts are ones that are filled with thought and love, even if they aren’t monetarily expensive. When a spouse or loved one show’s that they truly pay attention to who their partner is and what they like, the most cherished gifts are received.
The best gifts may even be something that isn’t even tangible. A thoughtful act may create the most romantic memory someone will have.
Ultra Romantic and Free of Charge
A few examples of romantic gifts that don’t require any money or wrapping are:
- Turn the lights low, television off, light some candles, put on some soft music on and give your loved one a slow massage.
- Do your spouse’s chores for the day so they get a different kind of day off. Things like laundry, dusting, making dinner, picking up the dry cleaning or taking the kids to their activities may not seem like the obvious choice but they are the best choice. These gestures show that you recognize and appreciate how much your spouse does on a regular basis and that you care enough to lighten the load for a day.
- If you have children, take them out for a kid’s day of fun. The catch here is that your spouse stays home, alone. A day of solitude to get projects done or simply do nothing for a change is a welcomed gift anytime.
- Tips For A Successful Relationship
Many people desperately want a successful romantic relationship. Human beings are not singular creatures. We thrive and grow with positive personal interactions and affection. There are many factors that affect the success of relationships and need t
Classic Romantic Gifts:
- A memento or reminder from your first date
- Bring home flowers for no reason at all
- Leave a love note on the seat of your spouse’s car so they find it on the way to work
- Plan a random date night
- Surprise your partner with an item they greatly desire but would never buy for themselves
Gifts For The New Mom
The direction of thought here should go toward something that makes her feel attractive and feminine. When women have babies, their bodies seem to have turned against them and they wonder if they will ever look the way they used to.
- A day spa certificate for a massage and haircut with color
- Send her out shopping with a gift certificate for a new dress then take her out to show her off. It’s time for a date.
Gifts for New Parents
Is there a new grandchild, niece or nephew in your life? Did your best friends just have a beautiful addition to their family? Time is the most valuable gift one can give when there is a new baby in the home. New parents are frequently running low on sleep, showers and household chores. There are a few simple things that will make a world of difference to the family.
- Sitting with the baby so the new parents can get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep
- Bringing over some prepared freezer meals
- Folding laundry or washing bottles
This one is doesn’t really fit into the romantic category, unless you count the romance that might ensue when you create happy, rested parents.
Occasionally wedding anniversary gifts can veer away from being romantic and become more about just getting stuff.
Celebrating the day of your wedding should be a time to celebrate your love, commitment and life together.
These gifts should be all about the marriage and its meaning.
Anniversary Gifts Ideas Following The Traditional Theme:
Year 1: Paper
Print the lyrics of your song and frame it or make a scrapbook of saved love notes
Year 4: Books
Create a specific journal for you to write daily notes to each other throughout the year.
Year 5: Wood
A few ideas for #5 are: A piece of wood furniture, a decorated box for personal couple mementos or a picture frame with a photo of the two of you.
Year 6: Sugar, Candy
Order M&Ms candies in your wedding colors with your anniversary date printed on some and love messages on others. These can be presented in many different ways such as filling a vase with the candies and add her favorite flowers. (wrap the flower stems in plastic wrap so the candies are still edible)
Year 10: Tin, Aluminum, Pewter
The Daffodil is the official flower for the 10th anniversary. With this in mind, a tin or pewter pot with daffodil flowers or bulbs is a gift that lasts long after it’s given. Daffodil bulbs can produce flowers for many years to come, always reminding you both of your 10th anniversary.
Year 15: Crystal
A genuine crystal vase or collectable figurine is a beautiful addition to any room décor.
Year 20: China
Elegant china dishes are the obvious choice here but, what about thinking outside the box? Go out for Chinese food for dinner and have a personalized message in the fortune cookie. A trip to China would certainly be a magical way to celebrate.
Year 25: Silver
A Beautiful silver two sided picture frame. Place your wedding picture in one side and a current picture of the two of you in the other side. Having your anniversary date engraved on the frame is a wonderful touch as well.
Year 30: Pearl
If you enjoy seafood, arrange for your favorite restaurant to have a string of pearls positioned inside of a clam and have it delivered to her. If a necklace isn’t a good choice for her, a set of pearl and diamond earrings would work really well.
Year 35: Coral
A trip to one of the eight breathtaking coral reefs around the world would be a wonderful way for two people to celebrate such an accomplishment.
Year 40: Ruby
Ruby jewelry is certainly one way to go on this momentous anniversary but there are other options as well though. Integrate the color red into your gift to each other as a tribute to the Ruby Anniversary. Take a ride in a red hot air balloon, through an anniversary party with red decorations and details or go to a celebratory dinner and have a single red rose delivered to your spouse at the table.
45 Years and Beyond
The traditional symbols for wedding anniversaries 45, 50, 55 and 60 are: sapphire, gold, emerald and diamond.
I propose that when a couple has made their committed to one another last for over 40 years, they should be able to choose any symbol of expression they feel is right.
They clearly have a handle on the art of romance and everyone else would be wise to heed their lead.