- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
5 Things you Need to Know About Wedding Planning
Wedding planning has always been one of those things people have stressed way too hard about. Whether it's finding a wedding DJ or a florist, yes, it is a big deal. Yes, sometimes it can be difficult. However, if you're looking to make the process a whole lot easier, then keep reading. Planning your wedding really doesn't have to be as stressful as people make it out to be! I've come up with 5 great tips to help you plan yours out.
And hey, if you still need inspiration, how about browsing through these fantastic marriage quotes.
1. The first thing you need to do while planning a wedding is relax. Stress never helped anyone. If anything, it's actually hindering your process. Short-term effects of stress can include: headaches, back pain, and pain in your neck and shoulders. In short: It's going to slow you down! The long term effects are far worse. The best mindset to have is to think of stress as the enemy, just make sure you don't get stressed about being stressed! You can plan your wedding more effectively without it by far, just remember that.
2. Realize your budget and plan accordingly. If you have the money, you can hire a wedding coordinator (more on that in the next tip). If you're tight on a budget, there are many things you can do to save money for your wedding. If you're planning on inviting a lot of people, make sure you have the money for it. More people means renting a larger area for the wedding. Larger area means higher cost. You could also consider hiring a DJ instead of a live band. Make sure to anticipate hidden costs, as well. These have been known to sneak up on many wedding planners.
3. Remember that you aren't alone in planning the wedding. As I said earlier, hire a wedding coordinator if you have the money. Even if you don't have the money, chances are you still have family and friends that have some experience with weddings. You don't have to do this by yourself. There are also tons of people on the internet you can talk to, which segues nicely to...
4. Utilize the internet! There are thousands of people on the internet at any given time that are talking about wedding planning. Use Google and search for forums and you'll find tons based on weddings alone. These are great places to come to if you want to discuss wedding planning. Just like any forum, you'll find experts in the subject that you wouldn't find anywhere else. These people are also available at the click of a mouse.
5. Don't get in too far over your head. Realize your limitations, and remember that you don't have to do everything yourself. Some people will try so hard to make everything exactly as they want it, and just get disappointed in the end. I'm not saying have low expectations, but know that when you're aiming for perfection it's much easier to get disappointed seeing as how all the small things matter more than they should. The purpose of a wedding is essentially celebration and commitment – don't lose track of that.
Now that you've read these 5 tips, you should be in a much better shape than most people trying to plan his/her wedding for the first time. Just remember to be flexible and have fun! A wedding day shouldn't be something to dread, but rather something to look forward to. If you keep on the right track, you will have an amazing wedding day – I guarantee it.