Christmas Wedding Flowers - Choices For Bouquets, Buttonholes, Decorations and Centerpieces
Christmas Wedding Flowers
Christmas wedding flowers can either be of a festive theme or a totally unrelated one. It is up to the couple to decide which they opt for. You may be having a Christmas themed wedding, in which case you will want traditional Christmas flowers to fit in with your big day. Maybe you're getting married at Christmas, but aren't having it as a theme, in which case the flowers you will choose will be based on what's seasonal and available around Christmas time.
Either way, there are plenty of Christmas wedding flowers to choose from, though they will be more expensive, as wholesale flower prices go up around Christmas due to the global demand of flowers for the celebration. You will find this is the case especially with red and white flowers, as they are the most popular at Christmas time.
Christmas Wedding Flowers - What's Available
- Agapanthus (African Lily)
- Calla Lily
- Cymbidium Orchid
- Lily Of The Valley
- Phalaenopsis Orchid
Most of these flowers come in different colours and shades, so once you know what your wedding colour scheme will be, there are plenty of choices for flowers. The main thing to take into consideration is the budget, you may have to compromise on which flowers you choose due to the inflated prices around Christmas.
Christmas Wedding Flowers For A Christmas Theme
The key colours of Christmas wedding flowers in keeping with the theme, are dark green, red and gold. Christmas flowers that fit into this colour scheme are as follows:
- Amaryllis - Green, Red, Gold
- Bouvardia - Red
- Carnation - Red
- Chrysanthemum - Green, Red, Gold
- Euphorbia Fulgens - Red
- Freesia - Red
- Gerbera - Red, Gold
- Iris - Gold
- Orchid - Green , Red, Gold
- Poinsettia - Green, Red
- Rose - Red, Gold
- Tulip - Red, Gold
Other things to consider including in Christmas themed wedding bouquets and arrangements are:
Christmas Wedding Flowers - What Will I need?
- Wedding Ceremony - Will you be having flowers to decorate the church or other ceremony venue?
- Bridal Bouquets - For the bride and bridesmaids, co-ordinating flowers and colour scheme.
- Buttonholes - For the groom and groomsmen, co-ordinating with the bridal flowers and colours.
- Wedding Reception - Will you be decorating the reception venue? Will you need individual table arrangements?