- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
Forgiveness: Forgive others so you can forgive yourself!
This is a small exercise.Do it if ever you got hurt by someone or yourself.
Do this small exercise if ever you got hurt by someone or yourself.
- Write down heading of 0-5 years. 10-15 years, 15-20 years, and so on and so forth.
- Calmly go back into your life and recall the name or face of each and every person who had caused some hurt to you, whether knowingly or unknowingly. Remember the hurt associated with that person.
- Then let go of that hurt totally and wholly by saying and writing. e. g. "I forgive you, my father". Yes, you have to forgive even your parents, brothers, sisters, spouse and children because they must have hurt you at least sometime in your life.
- Continue writing till you reach your present age.
- Let go of all your pain by finally forgiving yourself, because you made so many mistakes in your life, because you too had hurt others, because you were silly and stupid at times, because simply you were HUMAN.
Welcome back to Human Race!
- You no longer need to prove that you are superhuman or something more than other mere mortals!
- You have dropped the chains of your past.
Congratulations! Now sky is the limit for your growth.
- You have forgiven others not for their benefit but because you want to help yourself by finally healing your old wounds.
- Forgiving does not mean that you'll allow that person to hurt you again. No never. On the contrary, now you'll be bold enough to be assertive. You will not accept any suffering from his side. You'll pull your own strings. Therefore, there is no question of getting hurt in the same way again. Never. Ever!!!