jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I wish I knew all the answers Jenny.........

1. ahorseback profile image47
    ahorsebackposted 3 years ago

Sitting this close to you I am often  reminded of my own youth or my time up through my own years at your age , my own yearnings,  my  desires,  my needs and my own  growing pains. You and I,...... my beautiful woman  , we have become good friends haven't we ! Somehow we clicked together , I said to you once " the same soul perhaps in two different bodies" in describing  our friendship . As I sit hear and listen to you talk on ,I am so amazed at your beauty ,  I must  confess , I just  love listening to the sound of   your voice , your laugh , I really do .  And as a man .Obviously my own fantasies , dreams and experiences in  life and love  somehow permeate through  those vague "guy " visions that pass  my own  mind.  I can handle that though,  I am  beyond the frailties of my own shortcomings , I see that look in your eye's though , the one that says "  Is this guy about to hit on me ?" It makes me smile though , now here alone . Better to let you  wonder though , than for you to know the truth . Jenny  ! I do wish I could "fix" it all for you, I really do , I wish I could answer for all of those tears , the little catches in your voice when you speak of love ,  I wish I knew all these elusive  answers  that forever plague the decencies  of the truly  loving soul, But for know ?. For you and for me,  I will just sit here quietly .....and listen , I will tell you this though ....Although I don't tell you a lot about my life , You can't ever know what all of this  does for me !  Our moments together when you do smile and that perfect little hug that you give me when we part . That !  Is all I need !........ You see  I just may be  one of those "Fixers ". The ones that can help heal , although they can forever remain broken themselves .

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
      Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is so beautiful, Ed. Healing begins when one reaches out as you do. Hugs and blessings to you, my friend. PS: I am a healer for others and am forever healing myself by loving myself and standing strong in my own truths.

2. ahorseback profile image47
    ahorsebackposted 3 years ago

Phyllis, Leave it to me to take my shallow talents for granted !.....YOU are the hero !

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
      Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Awww! We are not heroes, just good old souls.  wink

working