jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is it so hard to be happy these days?

1. SoulonFire profile image55
    SoulonFireposted 8 years ago

Why is it so hard to be happy these days?

2. profile image0
    Dainposted 8 years ago

The answer to that will be different all depending on who ask, I for one believe it very easy to be happy these days. I have issues in my life just like the next guy and if we assume the next guy is finding it hard to be happy, it is probably because he is letting these issues defeat him. I have a good friend, when first met he was sad, angry and glum everyday. Well I saw great potential in this guy and over the last year and a half I have helped him change his mindset, now he is happy more often than not, he is succeed much better in his goals and instead of getting angry when things go wrong, he merely gets irritated - Did I change him? No, he changed himself, I just told him he could and guided him along the way. So in answer to your question, maybe people find it 'so hard to be happy these days' because they don't know there is the option to actually be happy.

3. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 8 years ago

Read "Happiness is Overrated" by Angello Beliotti. Happiness is in the eye of the beholder.

4. GoGranny profile image78
    GoGrannyposted 8 years ago

For some people it is because of this society's great expectations and definitions of being successful. These people aren't happy living a humble moderate lifestyle because we are barraged with advertisements, TV shows, and notions of what being successful looks like. If people would learn to be practical and live within their means I think they would be happier.

5. shabarigirish profile image74
    shabarigirishposted 8 years ago

Well most of us forgot what the real meaning of life is, we are just struggling to lead our materialistic world, and we are just running behind some goals and forgetting to look the happy moment surrounding us.

We forgot to enjoy the singing birds, morning dew, spending time in garden and most of other things, which we used to do in our childhood, the time when we really enjoyed the life.

working