jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

can a bowel movement come out of the vagina

1. profile image44
    candyharveyposted 8 years ago

can a bowel movement come out of the vagina

i have a bartholin gland cyst it popped since then i have had consistant vaginal farting and when i have a bowel movement it comes out where the cyst seemed to have popped and it burns sometimes and when i have to have a bowel movement and am going to the restroom it starts to burn until i get to the bathroom and go but when i wipe the vaginal area there is bowel movement or what looks like my bowel movement

2. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 8 years ago

There should be no feces exiting your body by way of the vagina.  This sounds like something you should get checked out by a doctor. 

The discharge could be from an improperly healed cyst.  If this is the case, you may need specialized medications.  Book an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible.

3. christiangal profile image51
    christiangalposted 8 years ago

No, you cannot have a bowel movement through the vagina. what can happen is you can develop a rectocele which is when part of your rectum comes down into your vagina. It feels as if you have a balloon type feeling in the vagina. ask your doctor to order a Defecography this is the best test exam ever. read my hubpage for more information.. female Pelvic floor hernias hope this helps you with your question

4. jlpark profile image84
    jlparkposted 5 years ago

Could be a fistula, or a hole between your rectum and vagina, which is allowing bowel motion to pass into your vagina.  If this is the case - you need to see a Dr.  It can be surgically repaired.