jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do people spend so much time hating each other, for no apparent reason?

1. live-ife profile image48
    live-ifeposted 7 years ago

Why do people spend so much time hating each other, for no apparent reason?

I go to school with a bunch of girls who hate people who say are their friends, and they hate people for no apparent reason, they just do. High school..... Its stupid. Anybody else agree?

2. maheshpatwal profile image73
    maheshpatwalposted 7 years ago

Most of the time it happens because of our perception about that person which may be wrong in actual sense...... we tend to hate that person for no reasons......

3. Absent Friend profile image61
    Absent Friendposted 7 years ago

get lost ! boo!

...Only kidding.  Good Question, I think it may give a sense of power for some people.  Usually two main types cowards wanting to feel safe, or those whove trained for a long time and want to show off their prowess -still a sad way to seek acknowledgement.

4. ptosis profile image71
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Because hate will keep you alive number 42. (Ben Hur)

5. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 7 years ago

Because they are ignorant and immature and don't know any better.

6. KKalmes profile image61
    KKalmesposted 7 years ago

I think people who are unhappy and unfullfilled project their feelings onto those around them... when you see the kind of hatred we are seeing in America these days where perfect strangers visciously attack strangers verbally it's a transference. They hate themselves and they transfer it to anyone and everyone.

It is sad, but there are many people who hate themselves and share that with the rest of us... I was thinking anti-depressants in the drinking water might help.

7. profile image0
    Quddusposted 6 years ago

I believe that often people may be angry with someone they feel they cannot express this to so they misdirect their anger toward others. In high school, perhaps the person is angered they are not allowed the freedom they desire by their parents or they are dissatisfied with a teacher and they take this out on friends.

8. Tonipet profile image84
    Tonipetposted 5 years ago

I agree to this "A few people may dislike you because there is something in you that they don't like, or there is something in you that they don't have."

The feeling of dislike may be part of the human psyche, the bad thing is some of us have put all  effort on this negative energy too much, and when others reciprocate, it becomes a chain.