jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Im 18 and my boyfriend is 16 should I be concerned?

1. profile image45
    baby_sissy2011posted 7 years ago

Im 18 and my boyfriend is 16 should I be concerned?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

Nope. You're just teenagers having fun and growing up.

It would be a mistake to try and turn this into "the love of your life" because neither one of you are mature enough to know who YOU are and what YOU want in a mate for life. You haven't lived long enough, learned enough, or experienced enough.

Youth is best used as a discovery process.
    After you have completed your eduation, chosen a career path, or learned a marketable skill, dated, and traveled some then you'll have a better idea of who is "the one" for you.
    It's not about "Does age matter?" It's about (knowing) what you want that matters! 18 and 16 is too young for anyone to know what they want. At those ages it's all about just having FUN.

3. ultracutebot profile image78
    ultracutebotposted 7 years ago

a difference of two years is really not that bad. although, i think until a person reaches his/her 20s, they should probably avoid dating people that are more than 4 years older than him/her. because while in your teens, there is a very obvious discrepancy in terms of life experiences between someone who is 15 and someone who is 25 (not to mention that having sex with someone under the age of 18 is technically statutory rape). but if a 25 year old dated a 35 year old, the numerical age gap can often be just that---a number.

4. dianne143 profile image37
    dianne143posted 7 years ago

Its ok don't have to worry of it its only a number what important is you are happy and besides you are teen agers and it's the best experienced you will lean as you age. Just don't take it too seriously you are both still young.

working