jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Hanging up on someone immature?

1. tdebrick profile image61
    tdebrickposted 7 years ago

Hanging up on someone immature?

I think that it is the rudust, most immature thing you can  do.

2. gmmurgirl profile image80
    gmmurgirlposted 7 years ago

That's why it wise to chose your inner circle and friends.

3. dianne143 profile image35
    dianne143posted 7 years ago

It's hard to deal with it,  would love to hangout with someone mature.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I agree, it is immature and rude--but sometimes you just have to do it when there is nothing more to say.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

It may be rude but it's not always immature.

If you call someone up and they curse you up and down you have every reason to cut off that conversation.

If a telemarketer calls you during the middle of dinner and (you tell them you're not interested) but they insist on continuing to talk, you have every right to end his/her interruption of your evening.

If someone makes a prank or obscene call to your home you are not obligated to hear every vile word that spews out of their mouth.

Naturally if you are having a disagreement with someone that is escalating ideally it would be nice to tell them you'd like to pick up the topic at another time, or if you have been going in circles covering the same stuff and the other person will not let you go.
    Some people simply refuse to stop beating a dead horse!
    Your options are to put your phone on mute and walk away or hang up.
    Either way you have a right not to be "bullied or held hostage" over the phone.
    Sometimes you have to match rudeness with rudeness.

6. Ask KayB profile image61
    Ask KayBposted 6 years ago

I wont go as far as saying its immature. No one is perfect. It may be a littel rude. Sometimes your intentions is not to get on the phone and hang up on that person. People get upset very quickly, especially if there is an arguement or disagreement going on in this conversation. Instead of dragging on, they just might hang up. or someone may have said something to hurt one's feelings. they then may not have any words. to hurt to even speak and may just hang up the phone. Its depends on the situation.