jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How does LOVE transform through the years?

1. albertovich profile image60
    albertovichposted 6 years ago

How does LOVE transform through the years?

Its not really the same LOVE we've experienced since we had our first puppy Love, is it?

2. profile image0
    ctbrown7posted 6 years ago

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I don't think puppy love is the same as genuine love, and I don't think genuine love ever changes.  It is an unchangeable principle.  That being said, I think on an individual level love can change as one comes to understand what real love is and how it has impacted their life and the lives around them.

3. albertovich profile image60
    albertovichposted 6 years ago

But I read somewhere that there are different stages of LOVE, for example: One gets married and its passion (red hot) but as the years go by that fire dwindles and thus the change...its still LOVE but at a another stage.

4. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

My friend's father once told him, "It took me 29 years to fall in love with your mother." I think initially, we are struck with puppy love, lust, and/or infatuation. Only after years of co-habitation and compromise do you begin to appreciate the other person. So, yes, I believe it transforms over the years and ultimately becomes a partnership.

working