jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

How old were you when you first fell in love? Not puppy love, but real love

1. BenWritings profile image79
    BenWritingsposted 7 years ago

How old were you when you first fell in love? Not puppy love, but real love

2. Happyboomernurse profile image85
    Happyboomernurseposted 7 years ago

Sixteen. The relationship lasted two and a half years, but unfortunately the young man died of cancer.

3. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

Sixteen. @happyboomernurse My 1st love died of cancer too. I wrote a hub about it.
    Sorry you had to go through that pain.

4. arb profile image80
    arbposted 7 years ago

Hi Again Ben! Somewhere between the first day and yesterday! 43 years, a lot of days. Hard to pin point something always growing!

5. ChristineVianello profile image61
    ChristineVianelloposted 7 years ago

I was 14, yes it is young but it was love at first sight! Now were getting married.

6. Yilia profile image57
    Yiliaposted 7 years ago

Definitely when I was 23 years old, in summer of 2010. Though I have the feelings of like and perfer with some sunny and super guys when I was only a primary school students. The real love began is a little late, and it is worth waiting for such a long time. Because God has brought the most super man to my life, really more than I have ever expected!!!!!! Many thanks to our Lord for giving me such a nice guy who works hard on his Dr. entrance examination right now.

7. Phaseus profile image61
    Phaseusposted 7 years ago

13...last year...planning on marrying her, and before you say "You're too young to be thinking of marriage!"; no, I'm not. Adults always say "Think of what you want your future to be and always have a goal. Set out what you want to do." Well, marriage is one of my goals, as is becoming a real author. All I'm worried about right now is her. Then again she IS really clingy and this is the second time we've gone out...By the way, she's my first girlfriend. sad guy to have a girl at only 14, I know etc. etc.

8. mybabytia1 profile image57
    mybabytia1posted 7 years ago

I was 17...We were introduced by mutual friends over the phone. We talked for several weekes before actually meeting. I fell for him over the phone but when i met him I hate to say I wasnt impressed. My friend encouraged me to keep dating him looks didnt matter and i did. We eventaully fell in love, I thought he was the love of my life. We were together for about 2 years then ended things but he is still a friend of mine. I think I will always love him for being my first love!!!

9. dianne143 profile image36
    dianne143posted 7 years ago

I was 15 years old when I dated my first love

10. stclairjack profile image83
    stclairjackposted 7 years ago

16,... and it never happend,...we tried, we talked about it, weve cried about it, but that one piece of the puzzle just isnt there,... we were and still are fast freinds,... the years have not killed love, but time and wisdome have tempered it,... my friend is one of the most important men in my life,.... but we are friends,... not lovers,.. and probubly never will be.

11. Y. Kajitaka profile image61
    Y. Kajitakaposted 7 years ago

I was 11, and he was 16.  Unfortunuately, he considered me his "best friend," so I wasn't a possibility at all.  Lots of things happened.  Let's just say it was the disappointing ending to a tragic fairytale.  T_T;  I haven't fallen in love again.

12. ananceleste profile image74
    anancelesteposted 6 years ago

In my case I was fifteen. I fell into his spell and changed the way I saw the world. At seventeen I married the guy.And twenty years later, just yesterday I was nagging at him to take out the trash... he did.  That is love.