jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

It's outrageous the rate of divorce among professionals .

1. Sky9106 profile image76
    Sky9106posted 6 years ago

It's outrageous the rate of divorce among professionals .

To be professional at anything, it's fair to say that one is married to his profession, do you believe that it's one of the major contributors to the rate of divorce among professionals?

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Living a "balanced life" is a challenge for most people.
    Those who are in demanding professions are required to put in long hours in order to climb the ladder or remain at the top. (I believe the key to any successful marriage comes down to selecting the "right mate"). Naturally someone who wants a partner that is home for dinner every evening and available each weekend should not marry a person who strongly identifies their well being to their profession.
    One of the purposes of dating is (Due diligence), learning about a potential mate's goals and desires, observing them under stress, and deciding if you are compatible. Each of us chooses our own friends, lovers, and spouse. We can't blame professions for the divorce rate. It goes back to (our selecting) someone who has our same values.
    Everyone has their own priorities and the trick in life is to find someone whose priorities line up with yours. There is no "right" or "wrong" per se in relationships. There is only "agree" and "disagree". Ultimately we are all looking for someone who "naturally agrees" with us.

3. OutsideTheLines profile image61
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

I think it is. It's never easy for someone to be away from home so much and if you're married and working a lot of hours away from home it opens you up for either side to have an affair.

4. Sky9106 profile image76
    Sky9106posted 6 years ago

Thank you dashingscorpio ,  you answer it's directly in line with the reason for my question , having gone through similar situations, and I did so in as humane a way as I could of. But now in looking at the kids, I truly don't see any hope for them as our examples and that of the professionals, which should be their source of advice is constantly dwindling away. The only common denominator that I see in the distance is sex and money, by any means necessary. But for the kids, the future looks bleak, they are not aware because of the power of those two entities.