jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which Country Has the Highest Divorce Rate and Why Is the Rate High In That Coun

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Which Country Has the Highest Divorce Rate and Why Is the Rate High In That Country?

2. Lamme profile image69
    Lammeposted 7 years ago

That's a very interesting question.  I don't know the answer, but it'll be interesting to see the answers.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's the US.  I also think divorce is high because people tend to be selfish ... it's all about what makes ME happy.  Working out problems is too difficult for many and the grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence.

3. telltale profile image76
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Probably it's the US - perhaps it's the lifestyle and culture.  The demands are higher than other countries I suppose, also the laws which permit 'quickie' divorces may be one of the reasons.  Most other countries go through a lengthy process before divorce is granted, but that's only my view of things.

4. dabeaner profile image58
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

It's probably one of the Muslim countries.  Prostitution is illegal so, instead, men can marry a woman for an hour or so, do her, then divorce her.

Maybe that's one good thing about Islam.  :-)

5. profile image53
    fallsfellaposted 7 years ago

The USA has the higest divorce rate in the world and the reason for that is because our society has become such a "throw away" society that we throw away marriages instead of trying to work on them.  It is easier to be lazy and let the marriage crumble than it is to work on the marriage and try to save it for all involved.

6. rowni profile image59
    rowniposted 7 years ago

United Sates haa an increase in number of Divorce cases due to the free dating. Many seem not interested in continuing relations and cheating among couples is increasing.

working