jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is the ideal place for a 1st date?

1. Theocharis V profile image74
    Theocharis Vposted 6 years ago

What is the ideal place for a 1st date?

2. Alma Cabase profile image81
    Alma Cabaseposted 6 years ago

A picnic at the beach would be very romantic!

3. Kris Heeter profile image79
    Kris Heeterposted 6 years ago

Most of my first dates were at a restaurant or a movie.  I felt that both of those were great because of the date turned out to be boring or uncomfortable, we were at least surrounded by other people.

4. Sheila Lee profile image60
    Sheila Leeposted 6 years ago

It depends. If you don't know this person (blind date or someone you met online) then make it in public. A coffee shop. Then the two of you can go from there.

If it is someone you know who you are going on a date with, some place where the two of you can get to know one another. Movies are not ideal first dates since you can't talk. But any place where you two can talk (dinner, coffee, drinks) or even an activity date is great!

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

FIRST date?....start with either a coffee place or at the bar of a restaurant for a drink. That way if the person is a disaster, you can escape soon and will not have to spend too much time with them. It keeps your options open.

6. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

A picnic at a remote nature site...quiet, beauty, and peace. Enough room and space to talk uninterrupted.

7. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Public place (NO MOVIE!) Coffee or a free community event at the park such as a classic car show with free music. But make the date short and less than 2 hours before hand.

A picnic at a remote beach? You might as well say " - Hey Serial Killers! Come and get me!"

8. C.V.Rajan profile image79
    C.V.Rajanposted 6 years ago

Definitely NOT your bed room - it is trying too much too fast!

9. Jewelz1313 profile image78
    Jewelz1313posted 6 years ago

I think taking a boat trip with a grill to cook steaks and a bottle of wine would be nice. Don't forget a blanket and pillow to lay back and watch the stars when night falls.Oh, and don't answer the phone or text unless it is absolutely necessary or it's your mom or dad or sibling.

10. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I love the beach, but if that's not possible, dinner at a nice waterfront restaurant, or lunch. Initially I would want to be in more public places depending on how I met this person.

11. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 6 years ago

You can try the movies, the fair, or go out to eat somewhere romantic.