What is your perspective about a separated woman of 4+years dating or being in a

1. profile image50
    DrexelDragonposted 6 years ago

What is your perspective about a separated woman of 4+years dating or being in another relationship.

I have been seeing the same woman for 3+ years and she recently decided to move forward with the divorce. Her husband recently revealed new emotions in an email and mentioned that he would like to patch things up. Her husband is almost 20 years older than she is and she is 46. She recently revealed to me that she is stressed out from many things, needs to get her head cleared and said she is still moving forward with the plans. She has stated that she wants to be with me, wants to have a life with me and loves me. Could she have second thoughts and is considering going back with her husband?

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

The real question is: Do you trust her? Only you can answer that one.
    Personally speaking I've known couples who were legally married but had not seen each other in over 15 years. Some people never get around to filing for divorce until they are ready to get married again. Her soon to be ex-husband may be "in between" relationships right now which is causing him to want her back after being separated for 4 years. 
    As for her being stressed out that is to be expected. No one gets married planning to get divorced. There's something about getting those "papers" that makes it "real" and final.
    We only have control over ourselves. For the most part all you can do is trust what she said and wait and see. Your only other option is to listen to your instincts and  walk away if you believe she wants to have a second chance with her husband. My rule of thumb is; If it doesn't "feel right" then it's probably "not right" for you. My biggest regrets in life have been when I did not listen to my inner guide. Best of luck!

working