jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you suggest an original and unusual way to wrap a present for a loved one?

1. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 6 years ago

Can you suggest an original and unusual way to wrap a present for a loved one?

Ideally  the way the present is wrapped should be a fun part of the present receiving experience.

2. megni profile image60
    megniposted 6 years ago

Yes, that's an easy question to answer. Wrap the gift, a small gift, in a silk scarf,
    or a scarf. I did't make that up, I got the ideas from Patricia Lee's book, The Wrapping Scarf Revolution. It's published by Leisure arts. It's a delightul book and it shows beautiful wrapped items. Apparently the idea is a Korean custom.

Another idea is to fit the gift wrapping to the gift. A kitchen might be wrapped in freezer paper embellished with kitchen gadgets, or wrapped in a large white muslin dishcloth. Just be yourself and be creative. There's no reason to go all out and buy expensive wrappings when something thought up for the ocassion will be more personal and welcomed.

3. InterestCaptured profile image86
    InterestCapturedposted 6 years ago

Wrap it with a collage, with candy wrappers, or with a piece of paper you did art on yourself

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 6 years ago

I wrapped my husband's birthday gift in pages out of a sports magazine that pictured his favorite team.

5. Amber Allen profile image66
    Amber Allenposted 6 years ago

How about hiding the present inside a hollow chocolate egg, or animal or under or amongst chocolates in a basket?

Another idea would be to make a paper-mache container or buy a pinata in to which the present could be placed and then sealed up

Or perhaps you could  make your own wrapping paper using a collage of photos?

6. ImKarn23 profile image78
    ImKarn23posted 6 years ago

I think so. In the loose ends of ribbons - tie in little plastic animals, or plastic flowers, or matchbox cars, or bubble gum, or lipsticks...etc..So much fun, so easy, and becomes a conversation piece as well!