jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Being polygamous is exciting or it just a reaction of being monogamous for subst

1. bobjonson profile image60
    bobjonsonposted 6 years ago

Being polygamous is exciting or it just a reaction of being monogamous for substantial period?

2. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Flesh loves the things that gratifies and pleases it. What appears exciting for the moment to the flesh is a trap if what we are doing does not align with God's Word.

3. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 6 years ago

Does a man weep with joy after living on bread and water, and finally sits down to a feast?  I think it would be normal to find polygamy exciting.  Men are polygamous by nature, if allowed to follow their caveman instinct.  Love and commitment keep everything under control most of the time.

4. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 6 years ago

I interpret your question to be:  "Is an affair just a reaction to being monogamous for a substantial period?"

The reason for that shift is because I don't think that many - if any - of those people who have an affair outside of their marriage would tell you that they are "polygamous".... but, instead, would stand on the feeling that their marriage (their "monogamy") had lost its lustre, and the affair was a reaction to THAT.... and NOT part of a broader belief that "polygamy" is/was what they were seeking in their fling.....

working