jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do some men change?

1. blessedp profile image81
    blessedpposted 5 years ago

Why do some men change?

When they are told I am pregnant.  Everything was great before but as soon as am pregnant nothing remains the same.  Guys why?

2. profile image0
    Gusserposted 5 years ago

Why would your husband change? He is just adapting to the new family. UNLESS of course you mean a boyfriend. In which case his having fun with you,  was just taken serious by you. This is why marriage comes first.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Probably because for the same reasons women change, it's part oh human nature to be changeable.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 5 years ago

All men change, as do all women. We are the sum of how our experiences interact with our personality and character. Hearing that there's a pregnancy definitely qualifies as a big experience, and can be expected to bring about a big change, especially initially. In some cases it just means that someone stops hiding an aspect about themselves that they previously didn't let you see. Sometimes it's a temporary reaction to such life-changing news. Other times it's due to uncertainty as well as interacting with your changes at the same time.

I will say that with each of my pregnancy announcements, my husband changed permanently...and so did I. The changes are not always bad (though they can be), and in some cases it's just learning how to make room for a completely dependent life within your own. If a guy cuts and runs the moment he hears about a pregnancy, chances are the problem is that he's not mature enough to deal with the consequences of his own actions and put himself aside to take care of a child. In such a case, the change is probably just that you can now see that part of him. If it's just that his behavior toward you is suddenly different but he still wants a relationship, then give him some time -- he could just be working on adjusting to the new reality.

5. ackman1465 profile image59
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

This is an interesting hub because it sounds like you are saying that you've gotten pregnant several times by several guys.  Is that so?????