jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you have a healthy relationship?

1. profile image50
    Mea003posted 5 years ago

How do you have a healthy relationship?

2. profile image0
    lovedoctor926posted 5 years ago

In my opinion, a healthy relationship involves mutual respect, communication and listening to your partner's needs. Many of us only hear, but don't pay attention to the message that is being conveyed. Second, a healthy relationship involves trust and how do you establish trust? You establish trust by getting to know each other well, asking lots of questions even those questions that you feel uncomfortable asking, well you must do so if you want to learn about your partner and establish an emotional connection. Third, you need to establish and set boundaries from the beginning as to what is acceptable and what isn't. When there is trust and communication, then there's no reason to hide stuff from each other. Another thing that I wanted to mention is that it is okay for your partner to have male and female friends just as long as they introduce you as his or  her girlfriend/ boyfriend, husband wife etc.  Now, I am only the Love Doctor.... lol.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

The number one criteria in my opinion is making sure you select the "right mate" for yourself. In order to accomplish this you must first know yourself very well. Know what you want and need in mate. The next step is to find someone who (naturally) agrees with you on the major things in life. You want someone who has the same relationship goals as you and also agrees on the strategy to obtain them. People who (naturally)agree with each other tend to stay together! Who knew?! :-)

There is no amount of "communication" or "work" that can overcome being with someone who does NOT want what you want. - One man's opinion!

4. dmoney4god profile image59
    dmoney4godposted 5 years ago

Well when I start building a relationship with a female we have to have trust and communication because without those to things to build on a relationship will fall.

working