jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

What do you do when you get an invitation to an event that you don't feel comfor

1. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

What do you do when you get an invitation to an event that you don't feel comfortable attending?

Is it okay to say, "I'm sorry, but I've made other plans" Should I tell the truth, or should I go even if I either can't afford it or am too down to be cheerful?

2. profile image56
    emsnuposted 5 years ago

If you don't wanna go/can't go, don't go. Just tell them the truth. If they are really your friends, they'll understand.

3. theseus profile image80
    theseusposted 5 years ago

Just be truthful about it.

If you don't want to go, then, don't. Your reluctance to be there will just ruin not only your mood but everyone else's because it will be quite obvious that you'd rather be somewhere else.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i just say no. my brother-in-law invited me to a christian business discussion group at his church and i told him not a chance. when he asked why, i told him that i know there is no god and a bunch of christians trying to act like some god is going to influence their business would drive me out of my mind.

1. Perry the Cat profile image60
      Perry the Catposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I always love those Christians who tell you, "God wants you to be wealthy" when Jesus said specifically to give up everything and follow him. I suppose they've managed to breed very tiny camels to go through the eyes of needles.

5. Perry the Cat profile image60
    Perry the Catposted 5 years ago

Really honesty is the best policy.  Say, "Hell no I don't want to come to your lame event, especially if you know who is going to be there!  Really, some people's children!"

6. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

I would politely excuse myself and justify my absence while declining the invitation. Ensure to let the host know the reason for your absence especially if you don't feel comfortable about attending the event. After all, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

7. profile image0
    ignugent17posted 5 years ago

I will just tell the person that invites  me that I cannot attend. Then I will just think of a very valid reason.

8. Joyette  Fabien profile image88
    Joyette Fabienposted 5 years ago

My motto is  don't put yourself in any situation where you know you are not going to be comfortable(if you can help it)!

1. Perry the Cat profile image60
      Perry the Catposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm guessing you don't get colonoscopies.

2. cat on a soapbox profile image95
      cat on a soapboxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha, Perry! Good one:)

working