jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

In high school and/or college, did you date anyone who was socioeconomically poo

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

In high school and/or college, did you date anyone who was socioeconomically poorer than

you were?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

I did not date anyone in High School or college..or perhaps in college I did once or twice..I don't remember..so long ago...we went out in groups.

College...the only thing we paid attention to was..."Who are the people that got the highest ten scores in the last Chemistry exam?"...They posted it right on the hallway where we had our classes...

So the answer is probably..yes if I dated..since it was never important..

I don't mean to sound so nerdy and boring.. but given the limited time and the demands of school, I chose not to date, but others did.the reason is probably the other kids were smarter and did not have to work as hard as I did...

I always preferred spending all of my free time (no matter how little) with either my parents and siblings or my grandparents..

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not nerdy at all.   You were smart.

2. msorensson profile image72
      msorenssonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There was limited time, there was much to do and I had a scholarship that would have been revoked at any time my GPA dropped below a certain level. Priorities...they change over time.. .
      My parents always taught me to be responsible for my choices..

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I didn't mind the diferent girls's status or wealth, as long as they got on with the job.  If not they soon got the big goodbye.

4. bernard.sinai profile image82
    bernard.sinaiposted 5 years ago

I dated girls I thought were cute and I have never thought of their socioeconomic standing. I guess we all have different criteria when it comes to the opposite sex.

working