jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you still use a Wedding Planner today even though there's plenty of DIY re

1. Jordan Sue Allen profile image61
    Jordan Sue Allenposted 5 years ago

Would you still use a Wedding Planner today even though there's plenty of DIY references online?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Nope. I intend on planning my wedding, no one else. Though I'm sure my mother and mother-in-law will definately try to own the day.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

No. We did fine planning our own wedding. In fact I think the Internet has made it easier to do without many of the services offered by various occupations. Quite a few people get their news online and don't subcribe to newspapers. After all the paper reports on what happened (yesterday). I can't tell you the last time I picked up the yellow pages to look up a business phone number/address. I use google!
    Another area hurt by easy access online is the travel agent industry. Most people book their trips themselves on the airline websites or through various vacation sites such as Apple vacations or Sandals...etc
    Online dating websites has also put a dent into Match Making services.
    Last but not least the post office is hurting because of email being used by not only consumers but businesses as well such as department stores who email their coupons rather than mail them. Online bill pay through banking websites has cut down on purchasing stamps to mail bills as well cut down on the number of printed checks ordered by consumers. The Internet as been good for providing options to consumers.

4. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

We did our own wedding and it wasn't hard.  I have been to only a few lavish weddings where a wedding planner was involved, and I can see why their services are needed for large scale events.  But for smaller weddings, it doesn't make a lot of sense to hire an expensive planner to do what you could easily do yourself.

5. StandingJaguar profile image78
    StandingJaguarposted 5 years ago

I used a professional planner to help us find a venue in a town that we know but don't live in. It was a good idea and we saw a lot of places that we never would have known could be a wedding venue, but that being said........ we ended up deciding we liked one of the famous downtown hotels the best (which we looked at ourselves, she didn't bring us there), and we didn't contract with the planner anymore because the hotel had their own coordinator.