jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you plan a wedding from scratch?

1. Kobus Hughes profile image38
    Kobus Hughesposted 7 years ago

How do you plan a wedding from scratch?

I am getting married in may and need to know where to start planning the wedding with my fiance. Our date was moved up by 3 months so we only have 4 months left to plan. lol

2. tmgoldmarketing profile image60
    tmgoldmarketingposted 7 years ago

I am far from the expert but the first big question is do you want a large, medium, or small wedding? How many guests do you want. Who are the guests that you would like to be there. After you decide the size, you can then shoot for the type of wedding and the location. Are you going get married in a church, outdoors, by a lake, what would make the both of you happy and make it the most memorable day of your life? Then you can decide on the colors, you usually pick two to three colors for your theme. Do you want brides maids? Do you want a best man and who will this be? Flower girls, ring bearers? Do you want to have a big after party, caterer, outdoor fling, no party afterwards at all? What type of flowers do you want? What type of cake, how about champaign?  The best way I found to help me make all of the decisions was to make a list, after I decided what type and size of wedding that I wanted. Hope this helps. I wish you the best in your future marriage.

3. Jan Fowler profile image60
    Jan Fowlerposted 7 years ago

Make a list of items that need planning and how much you want to afford to pay for them. Then list 2-3 options under each item. Make the decision of which you will choose and book it! Then make sure to enjoy the big day!

4. Terje Sannarnes profile image59
    Terje Sannarnesposted 7 years ago

This is a easy question to answer, you just call a wedding planner, I do recall J Lo was one in a movie once :-)
    First you find a suitable church, a suitable place to have the party(they fix the food). Buy an awesome gift for your wife to give first thing in the morning. Locate and buy a great honeymoon vacation. Make sure you order a Tuxedo, find your best man, order photograph to shoot some pics, order people who can stick the wedding to a video tape/blueray. Man, still we have just scraped the surface of whats waiting for you to be planned. Oh, do not forget to check that your wife hasn't got snickers on at the alter(Runnaway Bride), this is important ;-)

5. Barbara Kutra profile image57
    Barbara Kutraposted 7 years ago

Hi Kobus, leave it alone and let your fiance figure it out. It's one of the things that the woman takes care of. Your job is to just show up.  Hope that helps smile

6. ts.erlandsson profile image60
    ts.erlandssonposted 7 years ago

Hi Kobus. I´m happy for you both and your little child. I was married for the 2 time for 6 years ago. In Sweden we do the planning togheter. First of all find a nice church and a god priest. Then make a " businessplan" for it on a paper. Where shall I have the party, hove much could it cost, how many quests, How much can you do without hire people.

If I should do it for the 3 time, I would have make it simpel. Because the most importent ting is your love to each other.

7. DailyResearcher profile image59
    DailyResearcherposted 7 years ago

Congrats! It might be a good idea to use a wedding planner. It will help you organize every detail.

You'll find a lot of good information here: http://hubpages.com/topics/gender-and-r … nning/2103

8. Jamaica Weddings profile image58
    Jamaica Weddingsposted 7 years ago

Planning a wedding can be very tedious and must be meticulously handled  therefore it's advisable to seek the assistance of a wedding planned or to acquire a planning guide. The first thing you should do however after setting the date is to determine the size and style wedding you want which will either influence your budget or be influenced by your budget.

This hub article may offer you some assistance http://hubpages.com/hub/Wedding-Planner … -Look-For.

If its a civil wedding then contact the civil registrar set you date arrange an appointment , do you blood test if required and that's it. When you are done come to Jamaica for you Honeymoon and tell us about it. :-) and you don't need to do a blood test to get married here in Jamaica.

9. suziebaker profile image58
    suziebakerposted 6 years ago

Wow, 4 months, smile. It's do-able but you need to be organized. There's a ton of resources on the net, I'd search for wedding planner checklist or something similar, this will give you an idea for what you're in for smile.
    You could also check out an online wedding planner, one such as http://www.bridalobsessions.com/ and see their wedding planner checklist. In either event, good luck.