jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Money can't buy you love, but do you think that money can buy you time with the

1. heartexpressions profile image51
    heartexpressionsposted 5 years ago

Money can't buy you love, but do you think that money can buy you time with the ones you love?

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

Of course it can buy you time with those you love, but only if they love you back enough to want to spend that time with you and also can afford to do so as much as you can!

3. nanderson500 profile image84
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

Sure, as long as they are willing to spend time with you. Unfortunately, almost every fun activity imaginable costs money in one way or another.

4. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

Studies have shown that money will not make one happier, but it can make one less miserable. It may not seem like it, but there is a subtle difference.

To answer your question...no...I do not think money can be used to purchase time with loved ones or even to extend the time that one has allotted to them. The best you can hope for is to buy a ticket and visit with them, but if loving them requires money...then that is a sign of a bigger problem.

1. teaches12345 profile image96
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would echo this thought.  Money can buy time with others, but let's hope that they appreciate the effort and value the spender.

5. Gina145 profile image84
    Gina145posted 5 years ago

This is a tricky one.  I think if people truly love each other they will probably find time for each other regardless of financial issues.
    When there are vast amounts of money, however, family members may spend time with you in the hope of inheriting some of that money one day.  That, however, isn't love.
    In some cases money can actually lead to one spending less time with one's loved ones.  This will happen if people are so busy trying to earn as much money as they can that they don't have time for the things that really matter.

working