jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you blend in with people?

1. midget38 profile image89
    midget38posted 5 years ago

How do you blend in with people?

Sometimes, we find it difficult to blend in with others for a variety of reasons. What techniques or strategies do you have for blending in?

2. snapbackbetty profile image68
    snapbackbettyposted 5 years ago

I don't think I usually make an effort to blend in but I suppose if you are trying to, you should take note of the mannerisms of the people around you and try to do as they do.

3. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Hi midget....I can only guess that by "blending, in" you do NOT mean, "getting along with."   I do quite easily find it no problem at all, to get along with most people/groups I come in contact with, or am associated with.
    However....to "blend in,"  IMO, would suggest to be "like and/or similar" to others.
    I'm confident I am able to blend in just enough to be comfortable and hopefully, help people to be comfortable around me.......However, I would not go to the extreme of attempting to be so much like those around me that I am behaving like and.or attesting to beliefs and opinions, I most definitely do not agree with.  In other words.....I will blend, but I will not  BEND my basic core beliefs.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

By matching their clothing. I'm still getting used to that one. But it's actually quite easy to blend in. Just act like you have somewhere to go in a business environemtn, or just searching for entertainment. It's always best to match their way of speaking and posture.

5. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

There's blending in with society, and then there's blending in with the crowd - two different things, I think.

I don't think "blending in" with society should be a big challenge for most people.  If people a) learn what kind of clothing is appropriate for what kind of occasion/situation, and b) what kind ot behavior will amount to "making a spectacle of oneself" (and then don't make a spectacle of themself); then that pretty much ought to do it.  Also, that leaves plenty of room for individuality without either acting like one has mental-/emotional- issues or else as if one is completely clueless and/or anti-social.

As for "blending in with the crowd" - maybe not the wisest thing for people to aim to achieve anyway.  As long as people generally "blend" with society that's kind of all they need.  In general (at least in a free society), society offers lots of room for individuality.  In general, crowds do not.  There's nothing wrong with standing out from the crowd (in a positive way).

working