jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Wife comes home tired and falls asleep on the sofa, would you wake her up? Ladie

1. anatomynotes profile image96
    anatomynotesposted 5 years ago

Wife comes home tired and falls asleep on the sofa, would you wake her up? Ladies would you exp...

Ladies, would you expect to be woken up to prepare dinner?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I really can't tell if this is a trolling question or not. I work from home. My job is not easy and I have 3 children. I currently have the flu and am still up and caring for my family. Being tired is part of being a parent and I don't expect to get naps. I have responsibilities and make sure my husband who is working 12 hours a day and my children are taken care of. I have not taken a nap but twice since becoming a mother because I can't sleep during the day. With that said, not everyone is the same. It would be an individual decision. Some wives would be angry if the man couldn't handle feeding themselves like a grown up once in a while.

3. Lady Summerset profile image80
    Lady Summersetposted 5 years ago

No, the only waking up, that I would expect, is after hubby has either cooked, prepared, and is serving dinner or he has ordered dinner and it has arrived at the door!  LOL!

Life of a wife, mother, lover, and friend is a 24/7 endeavour and once and a while we need play dates too!

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, I wouldn't expect to be awakened to prepare dinner.  In our home there are able bodied people, two working arms, two walking legs and a brain apiece. If they need me to prepare dinner and they cannot do it themselves - I have failed as a mother and wife if they expect me to wait on them.

In fact, I would be really ticked off if someone woke me up to feed them.  A family is a cooperative effort and everyone should be able to step in and prepare dinner, do the dishes, run a load of laundry etc.

1. Lady Summerset profile image80
      Lady Summersetposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know that's right!  Not that you don't love them but this would not be a normal moment and time for their love in action to be shown.

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

No, i don't like to be disturb when i am sleeping. Hubby should either go for take-away meal online or a phone call. Better still, cook on his own. I would cook my own meal when i wake up.