jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I can't fall asleep until four or five in the morning and then wake up at 8. Wha

1. Swert5 profile image58
    Swert5posted 9 months ago

I can't fall asleep until four or five in the morning and then wake up at 8. What should I do?

I go to school during the week like most kids, the problem is I can't sleep. I stay up until four or five in the morning just thinking. I lay in my bed and try to fall asleep, but this does not work. I miss a lot of school from this and would like some help on what I could do. Thanks for your help.

2. Omar Eldamsheety profile image63
    Omar Eldamsheetyposted 9 months ago

I think you should do some workout at 8 pm and if you feel tired take a shower and you will sleep early.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 9 months ago

I take a ten milligram Melatonin capsule and a 50 milligram Diphenhydramine. The combination seems to work well for me.

4. tomsmithnow profile image86
    tomsmithnowposted 8 months ago

You could try to just stay in your bed a certain number of hours each night. Stick to the same schedule. Make sure you aren't looking at your computer, or any electronic screen for about 2 hours before going to bed. I have read that if you only allow yourself to be in bed for a certain number of hours, about 6 hours every night, and sticking to the same schedule, you should start to sleep. There are also breathing exercises you could try to help calm your mind. There is one called the 4-7-8 breathing exercise that you could google and try. It really helped me at one point. Good luck!

working