jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hi Guys, You guys are mostly great, and your quality assessment is what makes hu

1. bobkaiser300 profile image73
    bobkaiser300posted 4 years ago

Hi Guys,
    You guys are mostly great, and your quality assessment is what makes hubpages strong!

I tried to write my articles to help engaged brides! My latest article on wedding planning has become unpublished, over promotional, is there a way to know exactly what my problem is, I see a list of things that the problem could be, but not specifically, is my problem using wedding planning too many times, is it any videos I show, is it linkages. I wish I could be told specifically what I need to fix. My thick head has not figured out the solution!

2. cperuzzi profile image98
    cperuzziposted 4 years ago

It might be.

Hubpages is a stickler for unique content and will unpublish something if too many liberties are taken with sources (i.e. - too much plagiarism).  However, without knowing more about the specific article, I can only guess.

Normally, whenever I publish a hub (and I can count on my thumbs the amount of times Hubpages has unpublished one of mine), I stick to the following:

- Use your own words
    - Make your own sources
    - Use good grammar
    - Cite the picture sources you use (they could be proprietary)
    - Watch how you use some of the ads for Amazon and eBay.

I hope this helps.

3. bobkaiser300 profile image73
    bobkaiser300posted 4 years ago

Thanks for your thoughts!  It would be helpful to receive feedback that is specific, so you know what needs attention, instead of being general, so instead of moving onto writing a new article, you are caught trying to figure out what the issue is!

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Most of the time people ask this question, the solution seems to be to check your links. If you have more than two links to the same website, even if they're to different pages within that site, the hub will be flagged as overly-promotional. I don't know if that's the case with yours or not, but it's something you can check. If that's what's causing your problem, here are a couple of solutions:
    1. If the links are in the attribution to photos or graphics, use the link once under the first graphic and then just the name of the site for all of the others.
    2. If you're listing links to pages within the text or in link lists and they're all to the same site, list the title of the site as a link to the site's homepage and then just type the titles of the pages you'd think people would be interested in without making them links.
    I hope this helps.

working