jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are rapes accidental?

1. dailytop10 profile image91
    dailytop10posted 3 years ago

Are rapes accidental?

I recently read news about an Indian Minister claiming that rape cases happening in their country are mere accidents. It gave me a good laugh. But seriously? Accidents are called such because we can't see them coming right? And there's no way for us to stop it at that instant.  But rape cases are far different since they can be controlled and eventually stopped if the government exerts enough effort to do so. What are your thoughts?

2. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

I find this atrocious and offensive. Rape is a horrible crime. Period.

3. goodnews11 profile image91
    goodnews11posted 3 years ago

As Kathleen Odenthal  said rape is a horrible crime. I dont think that rapes are accidiental.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Accidents are "unintentional".
    Rape or any other attack is done with "intention" by someone.
    The government cannot stop crimes including rape. In the U.S. many states have the death penalty but people continue to kill one another. The best a person can do is try as much as possible not to be an easy target for any would be attacker. You can't rely on the government for individual protection.
    India has (1.27 Billion) people and there are over 24,000 rapes reported. The U.S.A. has (317 million) people and we have over 84,000 "forcible rapes" annually (reported). This does not include "statutory" rapes. Naturally there are those people who never bother reporting being raped.

5. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 3 years ago

When someone is raped they become the victim and it is not  accidental. It is what the person wanted to  do to force himself on her. A  terrible thought of such a crime.

working