jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What will be your reaction when your friend frequently yawns during serious conv

1. m abdullah javed profile image78
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

What will be your reaction when your friend frequently yawns during serious conversation?

2. Penny G profile image69
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

From what I have read it does not have anything to do with boredom . It actually seems that we should not be insulted by it, it is contagious and some. It seems that many people think it has a function, possibly to cool the brain, but it really hasn't been determined for sure. There is not agreement among scholars who have come up with many theories .

m abdullah javedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Penny. Profound answer.

3. deecoleworld profile image82
    deecoleworldposted 3 years ago

I would like to think they are hungry or tired if they yawn during a serious conversation. The last resort would be they are bored with that particular conversation and wish for it to be over. Perhaps when you are having a serious conversation you can offer them a snack (not a meal!!!) and ask if they are well rested. If they continue to yawn, ask them directly if they are bored!!!! Hope this helps!!!

Great deecoleworld. Thanks nice tips.

2. deecoleworld profile image82
      deecoleworldposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No problem!!!!

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

maybe it is boring conversation or he finds your topic is a repetition, over and over again

Hi peachpurple, ha ha ha nice comment. Thanks

5. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Good question! I  do know what that means the person is getting bored with my monotonous conversation.  I will talk about something different or go for a walk with that person to get some fresh air,

Good idea Devika. Thank you.

working