jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What are some things you learned about friendships (also relationships) in your

1. deecoleworld profile image80
    deecoleworldposted 3 years ago

What are some things you learned about friendships (also relationships) in your youth (20s)

What are some things you learned when you were in 20s about friendships (also relationships)

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

The main things I learned in my 20s was that I didn't have life figured out and a lot of things aren't in black and white.
    Like a lot of teens and those in their early 20s I thought I was smarter than the older adults. I thought I knew what "real love" was and in hindsight I now see how naïve I was and the many "unrealistic expectations" I had for myself and others.
    Your 20s are essentially the time to evolve, learn, and figure out who (you) are. Too often during this period however people make promises unaware of the fact that they aren't going to be able to keep them because they really don't know themselves fully.
    We allow "impulsive connections" and "happenstance" to dictate our relationship choices. Immature people seldom if ever realize they're immature. They think they (know) everything but know little.

1. danicole profile image80
      danicoleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful answer!!!! When did you started to figure out things and finding your path in life???

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Life experience is the greatest teacher. As George Bernard Shaw was said: "Youth is wasted on the young." Unfortunately wisdom usually comes overtime (after)  you've made mistakes. I got "smarter" around age 40. smile

Closed to reply

working