jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is "hope" a nasty four letter word or a glimmer of light?

1. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 3 years ago

Is "hope" a nasty four letter word or a glimmer of light?

2. erorantes profile image49
    erorantesposted 3 years ago

I use the word hope.It is a word of desiring someone something good for the future. I only tell someone when they deserve it, or they need to hear the word of a good wish.It is definitely a positive word.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

In my opinion "hope" is not a nasty four letter word.
    People who hate the word hope generally dislike it when others use (hope) as a "plan" for their lives!
    Oftentimes it is seen as being irresponsible to move forward with actions without considering the potential consequences and relying on luck or the (hope) that things will work out to their advantage.
    Such examples are quitting a job without having another one lined up, having unprotected sex, and investing in lottery tickets as a financial plan. Everyone "hopes" they'll get what they (want) out of life!
    However the law of attraction does not replace the law of action.
    Hope is not a plan of action a person should (rely) on as a way of life!

4. parrster profile image85
    parrsterposted 3 years ago

It depends upon what ones hope is founded, and the efficacy of that foundation to produce what is hoped for. Hope can be as hollow as wishful thinking when based upon a powerless premise. However, the more powerful and reliable the source of ones hope, the surer that hope becomes.

5. liesl5858 profile image87
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

'Hope' is not a nasty four letter word. Hope is a word of encouragement and something to look forward to. Without hope then life is meaningless.