jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What would you say Feminism is purely by reputation alone?

1. Dantex460 profile image60
    Dantex460posted 3 years ago

What would you say Feminism is purely by reputation alone?

Assume you had no knowledge about the subject. Purely by reputation alone, what would you say Feminism is?

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Feminism is the promotion of political, social, and economic equality of women. It is the advocacy of a woman's right to be treated equally to a man.

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Excellent answer!

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

Feminism = equal treatment for women. Simple.

However, I know it doesn't have the best reputation. I think feminism has extremists, as most things do, and unfortunately a lot of people assume that feminists are out to be offended by everything.

It seems crazy to me that in this day and age people would say they AREN'T a feminist, but I know that's because it's a scary word to some.

I am a feminist because I believe that women deserve to be treated with the same respect as men, deserve to have the same opportunities as men, and are just as capable of being good, intelligent, and valuable human beings as men. That's all! It's really not that complicated or scary.

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree! Extremists typically grab the headlines and tend place negative spin in the eyes of many. This tends to happy with most causes. Equality regardless of gender, age, race, religion, or sexual orientation should be a no brainer!

working