jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are you the same online and offline?

1. Jojo Yousef profile image72
    Jojo Yousefposted 2 years ago

Are you the same online and offline?

2. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Yes, may be a little more opinionated but otherwise the same me.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I think I'm pretty much the same - snide, sarcastic, obsessed with music & movies....yup, that's me.

4. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

The 'same' online contrast offline is a big question and an interesting question too. I definitely do not express myself verbally as well as I am able to with writing. I am much more shy offline (Real life?) than online.

Offline I rely heavily on body language for cues with communication. That is a result of a conditioning process. Therefore many times I do  not express myself openly as well. Plus, my thoughts get mixed up easily and that inhibits offline communication too. So, I would say I am not the same online as I am offline.

5. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

i am what i am, both offline and online, I don't wear  mask or have two sided face, it willbe a torture

6. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Yes I am. However I feel I tend to articulate my thoughts better as a writer. Sometimes I look back on things I wrote months ago and can't believe it came from me!  I'm more analytical. LOL!
    Maybe it's because when you're writing something instead of being face to face it becomes less about "waiting for your turn" to speak.

7. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 2 years ago

I am the same in a lot of ways, but I am more honest online.  I can say things that may offend others online without worrying about it.  I can also take the time to phrase things wisely to get my opinion across better online.  Sometimes I would rather save the drama and keep my opinions to myself offline.

8. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

No. I would describe my online persona as 'business casual'. In the sense that I think a lot about the things I post, before I post them. But I try not to sound overly stuffy or boring (with mixed results). Whereas offline, I would say I'm 'apologetic reserved'. I accept fault for almost everything, fail to state my true opinions, and remain quiet 90% of the time.

9. Rabiey profile image74
    Rabieyposted 2 years ago

Yes , I'm the same person , online and offline