jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe in fate when falling in love?

1. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Do you believe in fate  when falling in love?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12461017_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Not really.
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    Although it's a romantic notion to believe fate had a hand in it the reality is YOU have to say "YES" for anything to develop.
    That's a conscious decision! Had you rejected the idea of exchanging contact information, going out on a date, sharing a good-night kiss, going out on future dates, engaging in sex and so forth. NOTHING!
    One "NO" could just as easily caused you to miss your "fate"!
    You may see it as "fate" that two people happen to be in the same place. However being in the same place is no guarantee of love or a relationship. The {decision} to say YES when the opportunity presented itself was key!
    What causes us to say "yes" to one person and "no" to another?
    1. The chemistry or lack thereof we have with them
    2. Knowing what we want in a mate & recognizing it when we see it.
    Even if there was scenario where you mysteriously kept bumping to someone everywhere you went at some point you're more likely to think they're stalking you rather than believe fate is at work.

1. chuckandus6 profile image76
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

thats very well thought out i do believe in fate to some degree to begin with and then.it.goes from there.thank you for your answer dashing

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Nichol, I know it's hard to let go the romantic notion of fate! smile
      We've had it ingrained in us through fairytales, romance novels, and Hollywood movies! It's the reason why falling in love feels "magical". However (we choose) whom to be with!

3. chuckandus6 profile image76
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes i admitingly know I am a hopeless romantic

3. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12470936_f260.jpg

Indeed I do believe in fate when falling in love. My personal experience with my Aine True Love I offer as proof of this. I was born and lived in Canada for my first 25 years. In my 17th year of living, after my brilliant daddeo forged a deal with the principal of my high school in which I would be granted a 2 week leave from high school if I had a straight A report card. Well, John managed to get his grades up from his habitual C average to this level and indeed, I was granted leave from high school two weeks before school-end.
    My "fadder" was so amazed at this outcome, that after discussion with his Better-Half, my mom, he offered their Florida place to me and a friend for two weeks! He granted me permission to drive down (1600 miles).  My friend Rick and I embarked on our journey south to Hutchinson Island, Florida, U.S.A..
    Rick and I were playing frisbee on the beach when a beautiful bikini-clad girl came into my peripheral view, quite magically just as I caught the frisbee. I quickly released it again without thinking, it launched directly to this beautiful girl and eventually impacted on her derriere! I quickly ran to her-side and apologized, our eyes met, time seemed to slow down and I knew immediately that I would risk anything for this woman. Kate mentioned it felt so-right to be by my side (she did mean it in an erotic regard). Make note of this feeling, I believe this is of fateful consequence. We talked for 30-minutes and we were both so focused on each other that I forgot about my friend, Rick and Kate forgot about her mom just south of where we were. We spent significant time together for the next 12 days and I can honestly text it was heavenly although it was not sexual. After arriving back in Canada I already knew this relationship was on a higher plain then my previous ones. It was simply "in a league of its own." We chatted by phone weekly and forged plans. I would end up at Lakehead University, Thunder Bay and Kate would end up at the University of Minnesota. After we graduated we became one through marriage (31 beautiful years ago).

working