jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

"The Way You See People is the Way You Treat Them; and the Way You Treat Them Is

1. threekeys profile image82
    threekeysposted 21 months ago

"The Way You See People is the Way You Treat Them; and the Way You Treat Them Is

What They Become"-Goethe

Have you applied this way? If you have what did you find or realize? If you cannot relate to this way could you share your thoughts with us as to what has worked for you.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13125896_f260.jpg

2. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 21 months ago

The first part can apply as we are mostly guided by our own state of Consciousness, and indeed this changes from hour to hour, day to day. So I may say something really cool on your poetry today, but something a bit different tomorrow.

The second part need not be so, as adversity teaches us a great deal, and the more receptive, use it as a tool to move on. But yes, many can remain victims or become abusers themselves.

This simply takes me back to the first part, that everything from you, me or anyone for that matter, is a reflection of Consciousness. So how we see each other, reflects the state that we are in.

Now ThreeKeys, I'm going to take the liberty to dedicate a poem to you. It's all good and well intentioned, but let me know quickly, if it's a problem. Cheers

1. threekeys profile image82
      threekeysposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Life and consciousness can change from moment to moment, day to day, if life is on the move...

Interesting points...

Manitita you can write poetry for whoever you wish and I value you asking me how I would feel about it. Not too sure...

3. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 21 months ago

I do not understand the use of the word Goethe here. With the capital letter I must assume Johann Goethe, an undefinable philosopher, basically a thrust of self realization through the notion that the mind is over matter. Willingness and willing requires action or it is of no consequence.
    With that in mind we can see that how we visualize is what leads us to action including verbal action. The question leads us to know that we treat a smelly ugly begging bum on the street corner different than a beautiful, graceful and charming woman. Just as we treat a man with a gun pointed at us different than a man with a hundred dollar bill offering it to us. A glass of champagne or a glass of hemlock.
    However with all things normal and not so dramatic we are able to see people with our habit of seeing people.
    My religion/spiritualness requires that I see each other as equal in the eyes of the Lord and I should act and perceive accordingly. I truly I am commanded by my faith to judge, friends and family the same as neighbors, strangers and even enemies.
    I funny thing is that some people need a hug by my way of seeing them -- but they would be freaked out if I hugged them. So I am constrained from treating them the way I see them. And woe be to the stranger who wants to hug a child because the child as he is seen needs a hug.
    Nope even with only love in our hearts, societal dictates that we not treat them as we see them.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 21 months ago

Actually I believe some of this is human nature and is automatically done. If you see someone as being "special" you are going to treat them like they are special! "Perception is reality."
    Having said that it's also possible to treat someone special and have them NOT reciprocate. Some people are natural "takers" in life.
    You can't project on them to be who they are not.

working