How do you get over someone who you thought you would spend the rest of your lif

1. profile image56
    Nikkibelle1122posted 17 months ago

How do you get over someone who you thought you would spend the rest of your life with?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 17 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13326982_f260.jpg

Initially one grieves as they would with any other loss among their family and friends. The next step is to (accept) the fact it's over.
    You can't "move on" until you are willing to "let go".
    Letting go would entail putting away photos, gifts, various reminders, blocking email addresses, phone numbers, unfriending them on all of your social media sites and not going places you know they frequent.
    Forget about becoming "instant friends" after breaking up.
    If an ex offers you this it's because they don't want to feel like the "bad guy". Essentially they're offering you (friendship) as a sort of "consolation prize". It may give you false hope of a reconciliation or cause you to fall into a "booty call" trap.
    Your (ex) is the last person who can help you get over them!
    Get back into loving yourself, spending time on hobbies/interests, goals, you may have neglected while you were in your relationship.
    The next step is (put things into perspective).
    Remove your rose tented glasses and stop romanticizing the past.
    In order for your (ex) to have been "the one" they would have had to see (you) as being "the one". At the very least a "soul-mate" is someone who actually wants to be with you! (And vice versa)
    - That's the real truth!
    "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
    - Oscar Wilde
    If someone dumps you they clearly don't think you're all that "special".
    Last but not least bear in mind the world didn't come to an end!
    That person whom you {can't imagine living without}...just know this: there are BILLIONS of people who have been doing exactly that!
    In fact before you met your ex (you) were one of us!
    There are over 7 Billion people on this planet and odds are there are thousands if not millions who desire to be with someone like (you).
    At some point you're going to meet, like, and love another person.
    Every ending is a new beginning!
    Best wishes!

3. Aaliyah Love33 profile image60
    Aaliyah Love33posted 17 months ago

I say move forward with your life and begin the healing process. I was in a relationship with a man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with and I found out the hard way that he wanted to spend his life with someone new. They may not be the one you are suppose to spend the rest of your life with. It is probably getting you ready for the one that will truly be the one you are going to spend the rest of your life with.

working