Why do Guys Think Girls are the Only ones Obsessed With Marriage?

1. Anugo profile image74
    Anugoposted 14 months ago

Why do Guys Think Girls are the Only ones Obsessed With Marriage?

It really baffles me, how some guys have chosen to define marriage. It is now to them, some sort of charity work that they have to egoistically, and sympathetically perform. You hear them say things like; “we’ve been together for a long time, and I don’t want to seem like a horrible person” or “she got pregnant, and people will start talking, so I just have to do it” or the later which I think is beyond ridiculous, “Time is o longer on her side, so I have to do it” Really, just where did this come from?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 14 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13407689_f260.jpg

It probably varies from culture to culture around the world.
    In the U.S. for example there are millions of books (geared towards women) on everything from "How to Get a Man to Commit" to "The Engagement Chicken Dinner Recipe."
    In fact it's been reported in the U.S. that 75% of all dating/relationship books are purchased by (women).
    Historically one purpose of going away to college for many women was to meet a suitable man for marriage and if a woman wasn't married by a certain age she might be called an "old maid" or "spinster" in some circles. Men had no pressure to be married.
    However with the advent of the "Women's Right Movement" and the "sexual revolution" a large segment of women are in a position to be more financially independent and with better birth control methods used properly can have sex on par with men without fear of pregnancy.
    There are still women however who believe if a woman lives with a man out of wedlock she is not his equal but rather getting the short end of the stick. "Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free" mentality.
    There are numerous articles dealing with women who are frustrated with being in long-term relationships without being proposed to.
    Where as it's rare for men to complain about being unmarried.
    There still exists subconsciously a desire for many independent women to live out the fairytale of having the knight bow before her asking for her hand in marriage. In fact the bulk of our wedding industry is geared towards {the bride}.
    In a manner of speaking many people feel the wedding is (her) day. For a lot of guys once they propose it's a snowball rolling downhill from there with the bride taking the reigns.
    The groom for the most part is little more than a prop!
    In New York they have something called: "Annual Running Of The Brides At Filene's Basement" where women race through the store to find bargain prices on wedding gowns, the buying of (her ring) is when you learn about the "4 C's" (color, cut, clarity, & carrot), there are "Bride" and "Bridezilla" magazines and TV shows, photographers, videographers, florists, DJs and bands...etc
    When the bride enters the church everyone stands up!
    For some women it's the closest thing to being a princess.
    Women have almost come to blows trying to catch the bride's tossed bouquet. Symbolically they'll get married next! 
    Ironically in the U.S. it's been reported that (women) initiate 66% or 2/3rds of all divorce filings. 
    I suppose reality rarely lives up to the fairytale! smile

working