jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Why do women dress up in skimpy / revealing clothes?

1. ian 12am profile image86
    ian 12amposted 6 months ago

Why do women dress up in skimpy / revealing clothes?

Women seem to enjoy dressing up in clothes that reveal significant amounts of their bodies, leaving very little to imagination. Why is this?  could there be a scientific reason for it? Doesn't it promote the whole idea of being objectified?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13790102_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 6 months ago

I guess my question to you would be why shouldn't a woman wear whatever she wants to wear, or whatever she feels comfortable wearing? Why should she feel compelled to leave anything to the imagination? Why are you imagining anything about this woman? She's not an object, there for your pleasure, or your private musings. She's a person, who has chosen to dress herself for her own pleasure.

Keep your eyes, and your thoughts, to yourself, please.

1. LimeyFeline profile image42
      LimeyFelineposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Love this answer.

3. ian 12am profile image86
    ian 12amposted 6 months ago

Thanks Lisa for those interesting questions. I completely believe that a woman should dress up in Whatever makes her feel comfortable.

But let me ask you, is it really just about being comfortable? I know for a fact that women take their time selecting their clothes. Are you suggesting that they do this in complete disregard of people that will be looking at them? I don't think so.

How can I not imagine anything about this woman who has put everything on display? Am a physiologically normal man who is attracted to women. So I can't help but look. Quite frankly I don't feel guilty about it, but it can be a little distracting.

1. LimeyFeline profile image42
      LimeyFelineposted 6 months agoin reply to this

It's important to remember as with many other things, it's not about you. If you find her outfit distracting, that has nothing to do with her.  That's an internal issue you must address, not her.

2. lisavollrath profile image95
      lisavollrathposted 6 months agoin reply to this

I think it's important to remember that we're talking about clothing. Clothing is not an invitation. It's not a license to stare, or imagine.

3. ian 12am profile image86
      ian 12amposted 5 months agoin reply to this

So does this mean that women don't care at all what onlookers think about their outfits?!

4. LimeyFeline profile image42
      LimeyFelineposted 5 months agoin reply to this

No, it means it shouldn't matter because it's not your body nor your clothes smile

4. Odd Thomas profile image61
    Odd Thomasposted 6 months ago

If a lady wants to wear something revealing surely that is up to her. It just means that she has a lot of confidence in her own body and wants to feel good.

5. LimeyFeline profile image42
    LimeyFelineposted 6 months ago

Because women should be able to wear whatever they want to without having anyone question their motives.  It can be about comfort, it can be about just wanting to wear that particular outfit on that particular day.  There doesn't need to be a reason outside "because she wanted to."  I find that this answer is a good one to default to when confronted with such questions.  Because she wants to, and because she can.

1. ian 12am profile image86
      ian 12amposted 5 months agoin reply to this

If she wants to, she can go right ahead. Question is why does she want to?
      There is almost always a need to impress when it comes to selecting clothes. I strongly believe this could be one of the reasons

2. LimeyFeline profile image42
      LimeyFelineposted 5 months agoin reply to this

It doesn't matter why she wants to, because it's her decision and not yours smile

working