Why is it forbidden to have sex with your boyfriend or girlfriend??

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. profile image58
    Chizey093posted 10 years ago

Why is it forbidden to have sex with your boyfriend or girlfriend??

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

Where do you live that it's "forbidden?" Wherevet it is, you have my sympathies.

1. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image62
      Mahfoudh Muhammedposted 10 years agoin reply to this

We don't need them, thank you.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why this question?  Are we are Puritan times or in the liberated 21st century?  My sociology professor stated that humankind are ruled by the dead.

3. profile image0
    Alen Ostovicposted 10 years ago

You can have sex with your boyfriend or girlfriend, as long as you're in a relationship, I normally don't really care about one night stands but I'm not judging, been there, done that, felt stupid..

There is no one in this world that can forbid you not to have sex, what you do in your home, on your bed is not anyone's business, the religion doesn't matter or the laws of the state, the only thing that matter is that it's your right to do whatever you want under your sheets. I live in a conservative place aswell and noone has been able to stop me from doing whatever the f*ck I want to do in my own house.. So don't listen to that psycho (you can recognize him) cause people who believe that something can be scientifically proven and yet believe there is hell are idiots and you shouldn't listen to them. If there is a law that forbids sleeping with your girlfriend or boyfriend, then I'd say f*ck it, break the law, who gives a s*it, the sex police probably wouldn't catch you bumping uglies with the missus anyway..

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

THANK YOU.   DO as YOU WISH as long you do not hurt anyone!  This is the 21st century, not Puritan times!

2. profile image0
      Alen Ostovicposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No! Thank YOU smile

3. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image62

If defending the truth makes me a psycho, than I'm way more than that, thank you.

4. profile image0

No, not because defending the truth, cause you don't know what the truth is, you believe it to be true, which is entirely different. While I respect all forms of belief I don't appreciate forcing other people to believe the same thing to be true.

5. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image62

Alen, do whatever you want with your life. No one can force you do anything you don't want. I had an opinion to share, not to force, which I believe is right, just like you do. So, I can't see any reason for you to blame me here.

6. profile image0

You're right, I apologize, it just gets to me when someone's using "Hell" to strike fear into someone so that they abide to the "rules"

7. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image62

Don't worry about it.

4. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8544035_f260.jpg

Well, it is solely dependent upon which morality one subscribes to.  There are people because of strong religious convictions believe that premarital sex is sinful.  They strongly assert that sex should be relegated to marriage.  A subset of them believe that even in marriage, the main purpose of sex is procreation and any type of sex outside of procreative or generative purposes is unnatural, hence immoral and sinful.

There are those who believe that sex should be in the context of a committed relationship which will ultimately result in marriage.  They maintain that sex should be a serious matter. They feel that non-committal sex is frivilous and is disrespectful to the meaning and purpose of sex.  They will not have sex unless they are engaged or similiarly committed. 

Then there are people who do not believe that sex should be forbidden between and/or among consenting adults.  They believe that sex is a beautiful, natural function which should never be restricted.  They furthermore believe that such prohibitions and restrictions are totally atavistic in nature and were appropriate to an era where there was not sophisticated and advanced contraception.  They contend such prohibitive and restrictive sexual morality is stifling to their sexual exploration and development.  They maintain that the old, atavistic morality has no place in the 21st century where there is advanced contraceptive technologies.

1. profile image0

Your words are like a song to my ... .. eyes? and I completely agree with everything you said, I wish I had more patience when it comes to these type of subjects, my nerves are reacting quicker though smile

5. tsadjatko profile image65
    tsadjatkoposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8708553_f260.jpg

If you really are from Zambia I wonder why you would ask this question. Zambia is experiencing a generalized HIV/AIDS epidemic, with a national HIV prevalence rate of 17 percent among adults ages 15 to 49. Perhaps in Zambia they forbid premarital sex for that reason? Which I'd say is a pretty good reason alone in Zambia. Venereal diseases and HIV would not spread so fast and far if people were more responsible about having sex before making a commitment in marriage of course married or not, it makes no difference if you have no respect for marital fidelity and the vows of marriage.

A boy friend or girl friend is just that, a friend and shouldn't be a sex partner unless you believe it is OK to have sex with your friends. Most people have many boyfriends or girlfriends before committing to anyone. Even the “safest” sex can result in unintended pregnancies—birth control works only most of the time. This can lead to the tragic decision to end the unborn child’s life through abortion, something a woman will carry for the rest of her life.

While there are many documented risks associated with premarital intercourse, research has proven that sex within a marriage has tremendous benefits.

One is a decreased likelihood of divorce. For example, a 2010 study based on 2,035 married individuals by the American Psychological Association’s Journal of Family Psychology showed couples who wait experience happier marriages, The Globe and Mail reported.

“A statistical analysis of participants showed that couples who wait…enjoy significantly more benefits than those who had sex earlier: relationship stability was rated 22 per cent higher; relationship satisfaction was rated 20 per cent higher; sexual quality of the relationship was rated 15 per cent better and communication was rated 12 per cent better.”

A healthy, happy marital relationship produces similar relationships in the lives of children who come from them. In short, happy couples produce happy children.

So there you go, I can't find anything in support of premarital sex that overrides the benefits of abstaining from it and if you have a boy friend or girlfriend because you are seeking a marriage partner you'd best settle on someone you would love even if sex were not a possibility with that partner rather than have sex simply because it is possible. Seeking immediate gratification can lead to a life time of regret but exercising restraint could be the most self centered and considerate thing you could do.

1. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image62

Well said, man. You're on the right path. Have a great life.

2. profile image52
      abt79posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good job sir

6. dashingscorpio profile image78
    dashingscorpioposted 10 years ago

Life is a personal journey.
    You get to decide what your moral compass is as long as you are not breaking the laws of your government. Some people engage in pre-marital sex and others do not. The goal is always to find someone who (naturally agrees) with you and wants the same thing for the relationship as you do. You are responsible for your own happiness!

7. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 10 years ago

It's not forbidden.  Go for it and enjoy every moment.

8. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 9 years ago

Chizey.....No disrespect intended, but.......seriously, this is a "nonsense" question.  It also lacks a substantial amount of information in order that you might yield helpful, intelligent responses.
    For instance.....Where do you live?  How old are you?  Do you adhere to a particular Religion?  Is this relationship casual or long term.......temporary or have you intentions to marry?

The reality is there are too many reasons, in most cases, to NOT have sex, and little time to list them.  If you don't KNOW the reasons to have or not have sex......I would suggest you are TOO YOUNG to be concerned with it....or desperately need sex education.  Use your brain, Chizey.....not other parts of your body.

Because you have asked "Why" sex is forbidden with a "friend".....should we assume your religion, culture (or perhaps your parents) established this rule?   Simple:  what's most important to you?  Religion, culture, obedience to your parents....or sex?  Are you prepared for repercussions of rejecting what is asked of you?

If this is the case...that you are forbidden......what difference does it make WHY it's forbidden?   It seems to be a simple matter for YOU to decide to heed or reject this...and thereafter, live with your own decision.

If in fact you are very young......or your relationship is casual and temporary......I'm going to assume 90% of sane, moral adults will advise you to refrain from sex ....until and unless you are older, more mature and involved in a meaningful, committed relationship. 
    There is one thing I can promise you without hesitation, Chizey.  Abstaining will not kill you.  STD's, psychological issues and...oh yes, BABIES, before you are ready.....just might KILL you!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)