WHAT WILL BE YOUR LIFE'S DECISIONS?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)
  1. dianne143 profile image38
    dianne143posted 7 years ago

You are in a desert. You have with you the following five animals:
    A lion, a cow, a horse, a sheep, and a monkey.

To escape the desert you are going to have to get rid of one of your animals.
    Which one do you drop? (You can use whatever logic you like BUT > keep track of which animal is discarded when!) You have 4 animals left.
    The desert is burning up! It goes on for miles.
    Sand is everywhere. You realize, to get out, you are going to have drop another animal.
    Which do you drop?

You have 3 animals left.
    Walk, walk, walk. Hot, hot, hot.
    Disaster! The Oasis that you were looking for is dried up!
    You have no choice but to drop another animal.

You have 2 animals left.
    Ok, it's a long hot walk. You can see the edge of the desert way on the horizon. Unfortunately, you can only leave the desert with ONE animal.
    Which one do you drop and which one do you keep?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image87
      Stevennix2001posted 7 years agoin reply to this

This question really perplexes me, as I don't know why on Earth I'd ever be stuck in a desert with these animals.  However, if this question is anything like your last couple of forums, then I know everything has to be a symbolic meaning for something else. With that in mind, I'll try to assess what I would do. 

If I had to take a shot in the dark on what does each animal represent, I'm going to say that the monkey probably represents humor in a relationship, so I'd first lose the monkey. 

As the sun gets hotter, I would eventually lose the cow, as i think cow probably represents one's assets in a relationship.  therefore, as the heat intensifies, i'd lose the cow.

Since I'm guessing the horse probably represents stability.  The lion probably represents courage, and the sheep probably loyalty.  All very admirable qualities that I think anyone should have in any relationship, but I know you said I have to pick another animal to lose.  Therefore, I guess out of common sense of which factor would be least important out of the remaining three, i'd probably say lose the horse. 

Not that stability isn't important, as i think any relationship needs that.  However, from what I've learned about love in the past, it's that true love can survive through adversity when necessary.  therfore, i'd lose the horse next. 

Then as I get down further into this desert with the lion and sheep.  Knowing that i can only choose one quality, I guess I'd go with the sheep.  Not that courage isn't important, as I think in any relationship you need to have courage to strive through adversity.  However, I'd value loyalty the most.  Anyways, I don't know if I have your symbolisms behind each animal correct or not.  Nor do I know if I'm right in presuming that this quiz is a elaborate way to test the poster's ability to assess what they feel is important in a relationship with the last animal being the most important to the first one that's to go being the least in the poster's opinion.  However, i hope i am, and i hope this answers your question. big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Okay, if you say so. smile
      Okay, I feed the sheep to the lion, before I set off.
      I feed the monkey to the horse and cow. smile
      I feed the horse to the lion, milk the cow for milk, for both lion and myself.
      I feed the lion to the cow. After I leave the desert, I'll milk and eat the cow. smile

2. dianne143 profile image38

These answers are based on Japanese Archetypes.

The desert represents a hardship.
    The animals represent . . .
    Lion = Pride
    Monkey = Your Children
    Sheep = friendship
    Cow = Basic Needs
    Horse = Your Passion.
    So, in the face of hardship, you will sacrifice each of these things in turn. Your last animal represents that thing which you cling to at the expense of all others.

1. speedbird profile image75
      speedbirdposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I will get rid of the lion smile

3. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Lion would go first. No need of one. Next the horse - they need litres and litres or water to survive - no good if there isn't any. Then the sheep - they eat a lot and if I have a choice between cow and sheep - the sheep goes first. Monkey next - small, cute, probably able to cope with having less but still - cute won't help if I'm trying to survive.

So I'd take the cow all the way, hoping to survive on whatever milk it produces.

4. dianne143 profile image38

These answers are based on Japanese Archetypes.

The desert represents a hardship.
    The animals represent . . .
    Lion = Pride
    Monkey = Your Children
    Sheep = friendship
    Cow = Basic Needs
    Horse = Your Passion.
    So, in the face of hardship, you will sacrifice each of these things in turn. Your last animal represents that thing which you cling to at the expense of all others.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)