- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Need Ideas for Bridal Shower Party Planning?
Ideas for Bridal Shower Party Planning
So the couple is engaged, Congratulations!
Now is the time for the Bridal Shower party planning. I know this must be a joyful time for the family and you want this day to turn out right!
I am going to share with you some helpful ideas for bridal shower party.
Who Can Throw a Bridal Shower?
According to Traditions only certain people can throw a Bridal shower for the engaged girl.
So Who Can't Throw a Bridal Shower?
- Someone who is an immediate family member of the engaged girl.
- Not an immediate family member of her fiance's family.
Now Who Can Throw a Bridal Shower?
- Any of the bride-to-be girl friends.
- Colleges from her workplace.
- If the sister of the groom-to-be is a close friend to her, then she can throw the bridal shower party.
- Also if the bride-to-be comes from a large family, a relative can throw her a family shower. (the invitations should be for families only). According to Tradition!
But of course, nowadays people hardly follow those traditions, the mother of the bride-to-be or her sister(s) will throw the bridal shower party, because they are so excited for their daughter or sister and will consider it an honor to throw the bridal shower party.
Bridal Shower Quick Overview
When planning a bridal shower first ask yourself these few questions.
- Who to invite for the bridal shower party?
- What you're planning to do during the bridal shower?
- How much money you plan to spend?
- How long you want this shower to last?
- Where do you plan to host the Bridal shower?
- Date and time you plan to throw the Bridal shower?
- What bridal shower menu you will like to prepare?
With this quick overview in mind, lets take a look at 10 simple steps to planning the best bridal shower party.
1. Who to Invite?
Please keep in mind that you are preparing a bridal shower to assist the couple in starting a new life together so therefore the guest list is top priority and must be done right.
After all no guests, no bridal shower!
Let's take a look at the Guests list!
When you are getting the names for the the guest list try to get the complete names and addresses of all invitees. This will come in very handy when you have to mail out the bridal shower invitations.
Also it may not hurt to get a contact number as well, just in case you need to to contact anyone for assistance or for any reason.
Now, the question is, who do you turn to for names to put on your list?
How to get Names for your Guest Lists That's Not a Surprise Bridal Shower
- Bride-to-be: If the shower you are planning for the bride-to-be isn't a surprise bridal shower, then going to the bride will be an excellent way to start, she will give you names and added information you will need for her family, friends, church members, associates etc. if she's part of a club(s) you can get added guest names from there as well.
- Groom-to-be: You can also go to her fiance for any names and contact information of his family, friends, church members, associates as well.
Try to ask questions that will help them think about more names, sometimes at that very point even their neighbors they may completely forget about.
Guest Lists for Surprise Bridal Shower
- Bride-to-be Parents: You can ask the bride to be parents for names and contact information of their families, friends, associates, close neighbors, church members etc. You should get a good amount of names there because you are getting information from both the father and mother.
- Groom-to-be Parents: Not forgetting the groom to be parents, they can assist as well with names and contact information for their families, friends, associates etc. Even though its the girl bridal shower, having the groom-to-be parents involve is a good thing as well. (Like they say Funerals and Weddings bring enemies - so make everyone feel welcome and accepted).
Remember you are planning to assist the newly-weds-to-be, so try not to rule out anyone, the more people you can put on your guest list the better, because chances are only 75% of the guests may show up for the shower.
The one's who couldn't make it to the bridal shower for whatever engagement on that date, may still buy a gift off her bridal shower registry or send a gift card in the mail etc. and this will be greatly appreciate by the newly-weds-to-be.
So again, more guests = more bridal shower gifts.
2. Date and Time
If this is a surprised bridal shower, try to work with the bride-to-be parents or her fiance to find out what's the best day and time that's most flexible for her.
In planning a bridal shower its best to to throw bridal showers on a weekend where most people are available and don't have to go to work the following day.
Saturdays are most appropriate for throwing bridal showers, even though people may have grocery shopping, or things to take care of for their kids etc, it is still a good day to throw a bridal shower.
However if you decide to throw a bridal shower on an evening of a weekday, please plan it so it don't go over 3 hours, people have work and other engagements for the following day.
Make sure the time you choose is convenient time for everyone especially for the bride-to-be, you don't want the guests to be waiting to long.
Don't choose an early time, give people enough time to complete their Saturday routines.
Usually 2:30 - 3pm is a good time to start a bridal shower, also keep in mind some people may may need to stop off and pick up a bridal shower gift from her bridal registry, so around that time frame is good.
3. Bridal Shower Theme
Having a bridal shower theme is an excellent way to start your bridal shower party planning.
It will help you choose the best bridal shower party supplies, give you great ideas for color schemes, bridal shower decorations to use, matching bridal shower invitations to buy etc.
Working with a bridal shower theme helps make your party planning a whole lot easier.
Choosing the right venue is important for the bridal shower. It will be nice (especially when planning a surprise bridal shower), to choose a venue where she will not have the slightest idea of what's going on.
If you are planning to use a restaurant, church banquet hall, park, etc. make sure and book ahead of time to have that time and day available to use.
If you do not choose to use a restaurant or hall and you're unsure who's home to use to throw the bridal shower party, you can ask the parents of the bride-to-be or her fiance parents. They will be glad to offer assistance in choosing the appropriate home of ( close relatives, or friends).
Please make sure the home you plan to use have sufficient space to accommodate the size of the guests.
One more thing, please don't choose her home as the location for throwing the bridal shower especially if its a surprise.
5. Bridal Shower Invitations
There are so many cute bridal shower invitations you can select from when planning the bridal shower. Here are a few bridal shower invitation ideas;
- Themed Bridal Shower Invitations
- Personalized Bridal Shower Invitations
- Modern Baby Shower Invitations
- Printable Bridal Shower Invitations
- Couples Bridal Shower Invitations
- Blank Bridal Shower Invitations
- Free Printable Baby Shower Invitations
- DIY Bridal Shower Invitations
- Christian Bridal Shower Invitations
- Country Wedding Invitations
Please mail bridal shower invitations at least 2 weeks before the bridal shower party, giving guests ample time to add to their schedule.
Important Information to add to your Bridal Shower Invitations;
- Name of the person being honored
- Which store(s) she have her bridal registry
- Who the bridal shower is given by
- Host Contact No.
- Directions to the Shower Location
6. Bridal Shower Decorations
Bridal shower decorations is one of the most important part of the bridal shower party.
Decorations really do justice to a bridal shower party, its so pleasing when you see the place so gorgeously decorated with decorations, everything color coded and match up so nicely.
You can decorate the place utilizing the bridal shower theme and also select color schemes from the bridal shower theme that you plan to work with.
If you'd like to add a personal touch to your decorating, you can even consider personalized bridal shower decorations. It adds a special touch every time.
7. Bridal Shower Favors
Its always good and polite to have bridal shower favors to give to your guests. Its a remembrance of the joy, love and support towards the newly-weds-to-be.
When it comes to bridal shower favors there are such a wide variety of cute bridal shower favors to select from, here are some favors ideas for you to consider;
- Bridal Shower Theme Favors
- Personalized Bridal Shower Favors
- Edible Bridal Shower Favors
- Bridal Shower Candy For Favors
- Bridal Shower Hershey Chocolate Favors
- Bridal Shower Chocolate Bar Favors
- Bridal Shower Favors Cookies
- Candle Bridal Shower Favors
- Homemade Bridal Shower Favors Ideas
8. Bridal Shower Games
A shower is not a shower without fun and laughter!
That will take the P out of Party and the F out of Fun
Bridal shower games is a great way to break the ice when families, friends and associates on both sides of the newly-weds-to-be come together.
They will have fun, laughter at the same time gain acquaintances and some even gain friendship on an occasion like this, also they take with them the fond memories of that special day and not forgetting the prize(s) they've won!
Here are some Bridal Shower Games you can consider;
- Free Bridal Shower Games
- Printable Bridal Shower Games
- Couples Bridal Shower Games
- Bridal Shower Games Book
Don't forget to purchase prizes for your bridal shower games to present to the winner! This will make you bridal shower party more enjoyable, memorable and talked about by your guests!
9. Bridal Shower Menu
Apart from enjoying the fun and laughter of bridal showers, ohhing and ahhhing when she opens her bridal shower gifts and paying complements to the lovely Bridal shower decorations etc..
The Food is the next big hit on your Bridal shower list!
Are you planning to cook food for the bridal shower?
Here are a few ways you can go about it;
First decide upon what bridal shower menu you'd like to have at the party;
If any one have volunteer their help, this will be a good time to accept their assistance. You can ask for their assistance in cooking or preparing something off your menu and each of them can bring a dish for the bridal shower.
It will take a lot of burden off of you having to make everything, especially seeing that you are the host and you already have many commitments.
If you don't have enough volunteers, you can take into consideration ordering food or asking the newly-wed-to-be parents or anyone of their family on either side for assistance, in helping you prepare the food, bringing a dish to the shower etc.
It's a good idea to get help when planning the perfect bridal shower.
If any one volunteers their assistance whether it be financial or
otherwise, don't hesitate to say yes, most likely her parents or her fiance parents will volunteer their help and even family members will be volunteering their help as well, so say yes.
There is so much planning to do and things to get done, I know some extra financial help can go a long way to.
Here are some things you will need help for;
- Assistance in preparing certain foods, snacks etc.
- Pick up the bridal shower cake or if you plan to make your own shower cake and someone is good with baking and cake decorating you can ask them to assist you.
- You will need help with the bridal shower invitations and tracking RSVP's.
- You'll definitely need help with the bridal shower games, someone to help you read the rules, hand out prizes etc.
- Homemade bridal shower favors - if someone is good with arts & crafts you can ask them to help you with your homemade bridal shower favors.
- Decorating the place for the bridal shower; blowing balloons, posting signs, banners etc
- Serving Food.
- Cleaning during and after bridal shower.
- Help guests with parking.
- Its always good to have a trouble shooter, in case you run out of anything; ice, sodas, etc. you never know so be prepared.
Accept help in way, form or fashion, however it come say OK, I'll take it.
When planning your bridal shower, here are some important things to keep in mind;
- Host bridal shower in a location where there are bathroom facilities for everyone to use.
- Try your best to choose a non-smoking area, not everyone smokes, so it will be polite to find a location that everyone is comfortable.
Hope these bridal shower ideas for your party planning is helpful!
To find unique bridal shower themes, bridal shower decorations, shower favors, games and much more helpful bridal shower items to assist in you in your shower party planning click here.
All the best in your Bridal Shower Party Planning!
Feel Free to leave me a comment, I will love to hear from you!
Other Interesting Bridal Shower Categories
- Bridal Shower Kitchen Theme & Gift Ideas to Throw th...
So you're throwing a bridal shower and decided to use the Bridal shower kitchen theme for the special bride to be. That's great! Its very good to choose a bridal shower theme that's interesting and also a...
- Bridal Shower Theme Ideas
So you're throwing a bridal shower for the bride-to-be? Great! There is so much to do in bridal shower party planning, but choosing a bridal shower theme is the best way to start your party planning. Once...